Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Calis Beach
18 Posts
Hi mate the beach at Calis is not good ,, its very narrow and a bit grubby,, gets windy too. :duh what made you choose Calis? better places than that to go to. :que

gb
Don't really know what made me decide Calis Beach,we're off to Marmaris Park hotel,between Marmaris and Icmeler,in May and wanted a chilled ,relaxing break in September.Calis Beach seemed to tick all the boxes.The apartments we've chosen have very good reviews,it will be our first time when we haven't been all-inclusive.We don't like shopping,apart from a few bits for our teenage son,he likes the cotton boxers,we don't like crowded beaches,we hate the haggling but we love the boat trips and visiting places like Ephesus.This resort seemed to be ideal.
When we stayed at Marmaris Park this year we spent most of our time on the seafront or out on trips,visited Marmaris once,Turunc twice and Icmeler a couple of evenings,not exactly action packed but just how we like it.
Do you still think Calis Beach is not a good choice for us?
Hi,after the response from groovybaby I am beginning to wonder if I have made a bad choice,can anybody please tell me something positive about this resort.I have already booked and paid for this resort.Thanks.
Hi Ocscarben

We normally stop in Hisaronu but have visted Calis numerous times while stopping in Hisaronu and like the reosrt a lot. Yes the beach is narrow and stoney but all apts and hotels seem to be on the beach front my parents normally stop in the Multu which looks very nice. You can also get the water taxi over to Fetiyhe to sample the life over there visit the fish market and get it cooked for you plus all the boat trips leave from there also the bars restaurants look nice in Calis although never actually stopped on a nighttime but what I've seen during the day is very nice. While in fetiyhe jump on the dolmus up to Hisaronu or stay on to Olu deniz. You can also travel to kaya from there to vosit the ghost town. I don't think you'll be disppointed to be honest it's what you make of it in the end.

Cheers

Geordie
Thank-you so much,Geordie ,you've put my mind at rest,we're only after a relaxing break before the winter.We're not expecting perfection at the price we're paying,I think some people have very high expectations but only want to pay a nominal price.As you said ,a holiday is what you make it,sea,sunshine and somewhere to get a decent meal and a few drinks is all we need,forgot a clean room,too.
Hi Oscarben, if you've not been there, you can also take the dolmus to visit Kalkan from Fethiye. Closer to Fethiye you've got Saklikent Gorge which is also reached by dolmus.

Les
We've only been to Marmaris(too busy for us) Icmeler(much better) and Marmaris Park hotel,between the two(our favourite).We have visited Turunc,Ephesus ,Dalyan and been on several boat trips so there is still so much to see.We love to hop on the dolmus or a boat taxi but we were a little out of the way to visit Fethiye ,Kalkan,the ghost village and Salikent Gorge which is partly the reason for booking Calis Beach.We will definitely visit most of the places that are recommended,thank you, Les,you're a great help.
I've spent a lot of time in Calis and it sounds exactly like what you're looking for. Lovely chilled place, quiet beach, no haggling. You'll have a great time!
Thank you, jenny,don't understand why groovybaby had such a negative opinion of it,it really worried me for a little while.
OMG can't believe Groovybaby is being sooooo negative. We're regulars at Calis Beach and LOVE it. The very long beach has some shingle but there are lots of areas which are sandy. The turtles lay there, they'd hardly do that in rocks!!! And it's not nearly as narrow as Marmaris beach. At one end there's the Sat club which have lovely loungers/cushions/beds for free if you buy a drink there. It also has a kids play area. Great for fishing too at that end. at Opposite end walking towards Koca Calis it's quieter which is the end we love. There's Mimosa Beach Club, Guvens, the Surf watersports club all offering comfortable seating area and sunshades for the price of a beer or coffee. Guvens offer free internet access too. Fabulous for watching the amazing sunsets. The promenade is lovely to walk along with a fine choice of bars and restaurants in all price ranges. The water taxi to Fethiye is quite novel and you have to do that once while you're there. Dolmus is onlt 1.5 lira last year to Fethiye which in itself is worth a visit. Going again in May so if I can be of further help, just ask
:)
Sonds like a good choice to me! Loads of places within easy reach as you like to get out and about. Fethiye, Hisaronu- you must go there one night! Olu Deniz etc etc I think you have made a good choice.
Thanks to you both,Jade and Denny.We're really looking forward to going.This will be our first self catering holiday in 16 years so we're going to try out lots of restaurants and shop in the local supermarkets.It will be such a different holiday for us as we usually go AI.
I'll be asking plenty of questions as the holiday gets closer.
Hi Stayed at Calis beach 2 years ago at club E. Had a great time. Very chilled long prom to walk along. restaurant at far end previous reply mentioned it I've forgotten its name but beautiful.If weather good eat outside beautiful surrounding overlooking the sea. We ate at a different restaurant every night and never had a bad meal. Enough shops to browse. Cant comment on the beach as husband disabled so we spend day at pool but I dont think you will be disappointed.Been to Turkey a dozen times at different locations and Calis Beach on a par with most. Bitez one to look out for the future ,spotless not a lot of shops but prom full of restaurants Love it!
Lots of positive posts on here now,they far outweigh the one negative one,thank goodness.Thanks everyone I really appreciate your help and advice.
Just booked for our 4th visit to Calis. Done the others such as Bitez, Marmaris etc and we find it is such an addictive place. Enjoy it and the only problem will be not wanting to come home.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.