Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Callao Salvaje
3 Posts
Callio is west of Las Americas past Torviscas, Fanabe, Del Duque, Costa Adeje, La Camella and Parisio. Its a 10 min drive along the motorway then about 5 mins down the Coastal road toward Los Gigantis.

its a quiet resort, quite a few Brit Bars, a few hotels, no beach (well i tiny black shale one that no one uses) and stunning views across the Atlantic.

I have worked there for the last 2 years and i can confirm the Spanish tale of it being the sunniest part of the south. It sticks out to sea a bit and the clouds rarely seem to encroach over the resort. So when the rest of the south are complaining of clouds were still sitting in the sun.

All depends on the type of place your looking for.
I stayed in a villa in Callao Salvaje last month.

There are a few decent restaurants in the village and a few small supermarkets and a couple of large one up beside the end of the motorway. Our villa was at the top of the hill and it was a fair treck back up the hill, so we ended up driving most nights.

We had a car for 2 weeks and it was easy to get to Los Cristanos/PDLA using the motorway. We also went to Log Gigantes 3 times which is approx 20-30 mins drive up the coast.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.