UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hello Louise

I know this area quite well so hopefully I can advise you. There is two small supermarkets in Camber, a Premier Shop and a Nisa shop so you can stock up on what you need. As you probably are aware, the beaches in Camber are amazing (they where filming down Camber recently pretending it was Australia I heard!) What sort of things do you enjoy doing? Nearby Rye is a picturesquest little town http://www.visitrye.co.uk/. If you like olde worlde little towns, than you'd love Rye. There are a few quaint little shops there too (providing they survive the recession) and there is a market on every Thursday although will be very busy when you come down this way. Do you like shopping? The reason I ask is because in nearby Ashford (well about 20 miles away or so) there is a Designer outlet which is worth a visit. You could also catch a Eurostar train to Paris for the day or pop on a ferry from Dover to go to France for the day as Dover is not too far from Camber (about 40 minutes on a good day). You could also visit Battle where the Battle of Hastings took place and look around Battle Abbey and the shops).

If you are into that sort of thing, there is Howletts and Port Lymme animal parks in Kent, my mind has gone blank at where exactly they are, but they are worth a visit.

Have I waffled enough?
Hastings and Battle (Tour of the battlefield) ok if you are into history
Thanks both, thats great.
Yeh been doing a bit of research and Rye looks lovely. Maybe treat part of the hol as a bit of a History break aswell (educational) plus I love anything historical. Do you have any experience of a tourist attraction 'Smugglers Cove' thanks again :cheers
I have, but I haven't been for a few years so it might be a bit different now. I remember it was good for children with all the pirates and stuff? There is a sealife centre there called the Blue Reef which will be worth a visit.

If you like history than you'd like Bodiam Castle which is very good :tup Or even Hever Castle?
It really depends what you are in to, though if you enjoy spending time in the countryside I would suggest checking out the Dunes at Camber Sands, these are packed full of wildlife and great for exploring. There are also often music fesitvals and cultural events in the local East Sussex area so it may be worth taking a trip to the nearest tourist information for details of events on when you are there.
just bumping my topic up anyone else going to Park Resorts Camber Sands 15th August :cheers
I hope you have a great time :D ;)
I'm from the South East, so ;)
The designer village at Ashford isn't really a full day out, less you're a very slow shopper. ( I can see the place from my window :lol:) If you're interested in History, Canterbury is great with the Cathedral and lots of old buildings, you could probably do both in a day.

There is also:

The Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch miniature railway.

http://www.rhdr.org.uk/rhdr/home_flash.html

The Kent and East Sussex railway.

http://www.kesr.org.uk/

We have blue skies and sunshine today too. :sun
I am personally not that fussed about the designer outlet, but that's just me :D I prefer Eastbourne (or maybe Maidstone) for shopping.
Hi all how far to Brighton from Camber Sands, too far? thanks :cheers
Depends how you are getting there, Louise. It is around 50 miles away or so, but the roads to Brighton are not the best (bottle necks are prone around Bexhill for starters) in my opinion as there is no motorways or such like that way.
:D
Oh ok perhaps we can detour that way on the way home, thanks :cheers
Glad to help :D If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them to the best I can :D
I hope you are having a great time as you should be there now :)
Got back today had a great time the weather was fabulous. We visited Eastbourne, Hastings (quite a few times) Drusillas zoo, Hever Castle, Rye did 3 days on the beach, went to beachy head and lots more I cant just think of. Park Resorts was good we did our own thing so cant comment on the clubs or nightlife but the swimming pools were good and the gold standard caravan was excellent. Saving up the tesco vouchers again now to book again to sample another area of our wonderful countryside. :cheers
Glad you had a good time :cheers

I think you picked the best week weatherwise, beautiful and sunny all week down South :)
The weather was spot on everyday the weather seemed to be awful over the country apart from the bottom east corner, great for us and anyone else in that part of the world. :cheers
It's not so nice down South today, I can hear the rain hitting my windows as I type, so you where lucky :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.