Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
Hi Alison55,
When I was stationed in Germany with the Army my wife and I used to go into the Netherlands frequently for weekends, shopping and the like, and what camping firm you are using. I personally prefer South Limburg, although Zeeland and North Holland are very nice too, although it all depends what you want to do and see. The weather at that time of the year should be similar to the southern half of England, and as to whether it will be busy depends on the Dutch school holidays. If you try http://www.holland.com it gives you a list of the school holidays by region. Will this be your first visit to the Netherlands? I'm sure you will have a great time. If you have any more questions, I'll try to help :D
Hi Alison,

It's a long time since i was in the netherlands, seven years or so, but camping depends on what you want to do and see. There are camping sites all over the country, most of them are of a very high standard. The closer to Amsterdam the less 'special' they get. If you want to visit Amsterdam, look around the Volendam area for example. It is close to Amsterdam, the road and rail connections are good and Volendam is a fine little villiage on the Ischlmeer. If you are looking more towards the coast, go for the area around Brabant. If you want young and lively go for the islands - I cannot remember their names now (Teixera?) but lively they are.
In the west part of Holland there are a lot of campings, nearby the beach. Most of them, you have to reserve a place!

Regards, Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.