France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Sorry I can't help with the campsites but would DEFINITELY recommend air conditioning!
HI Igd,
I've stayed in 'Le vieux Port' and it is a very good camp site located on a fabulous sandy beach. Great facilities and a 20 minute walk into the very pleasant sea-side town of Vieux-Boucau. About 1 hour drive to Biarritz.
We tried to get into Le Ruisseau another year but it was full and ended up on a nearby campsite which had direct access to the beach at Bidart. This is much more central for Biarritz, Bayonne , St Jean de Luz and Spain..... do go into St Sebastien ----a lovely grand old city and do the train jouney to La Rhume.
Friends stayed in Le ruisseau and loved it and returned the following year so that probably speaks volumes.
You probbaly wouldn't go wrong with either. It's maybe just a question of location as both offer great facilites for children. Hope this helps.
Thanks for that info. What was the name of the sit you stayed in at Bidart and would you recommend it.
I can't be sure as it was about 10 years ago, but it might be
Camping du Pavillon Royal, Bidart.
At that time don't remember a huge range of facilities but things may have changed. The big attraction was being able to walk down steps directly onto the beach which had lifeguards posted. ( The sea here can be ferocious....hence the big attraction for surfers)
Also only a short drive to all the nearby towns & mountains I mentioned before.
( We were in a touring caravan but I'm sure Eurocamp etc operated on this site so you'd probably find it in the brochures)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.