Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
We've been to Sharm 3 times now in December and its always around about 30 degrees during the day. It does go cool in the evenings, so you will need a cardigan/fleece to put round your shoulders. We stay at the Reef Oasis BLUE BAY which is only available through Thomson as far as I know. Its a big complex with about 5 pools, 8 bars, its own reef from which the snorkelling is absolutely fabulous! One of the pools has 3 water chutes but I should mention that its only open a couple of hours in the morning and again a couple of hours in the afternoon. the hotel is all inclusive and has one twenty four hour snack bar (limited menu). Its a short journey by taxi to the nearest town (Naama Bay) where there are such things as McDonalds and Hard Rock etc and as many shops as anyone would want (if that's your thing). The staff are very good, friendly, courteous and value for money is good. There is evening entertainment but it's not fab - it's the usual type of thing you get from an AI hotel, but it does pass a couple of hours on. There are excursions and all that though we haven't used them.

would highly recommend this hotel if you were a couple - don't have kids so don't know what they might be into. I would suggest you have a look at the reviews.
we have recently returned from sharm el shiek i would recommend gazala beach had plenty of things for children to do and right on the beach as well only a very short walk from naama bay strip as well (3/4 minutes )
We stayed in the Holiday Village last year and had a brilliant time. We had two teenager girls with us who met up with a nice group of friends and they had a ball. Other people who we met there said the entertainment for the little ones was excellent and lots of things for them to do. During the day they had kids clubs and they used the zip wire and climbing wall for the older ones. Its a pretty big complex so didnt feel like it was over crowded. The gardens were immaculate and they had gardeners working on them all days long. The hotel and rooms were spotless and the maids/bar staff and the restaurant staff were great. They say to tip as you go along so that you are looked after by the staff but we didnt tip until the last day and gave the people who had looked after us all week without payment. What we actually loved about the place was that it is directly on the beach so you have a choice of going to the pool or the beach and they are both are very accessible. As we had teenagers with us we were concerned before we went that we would have to sit through the small childrens entertainment every night just so we could get a seat for the evening. We were delighted to find that they had a sports bar in the hotel where we went to every night. And they had the football on so that was a plus (for us anyway). We went at Easter time so the hotel was full of children but we didnt feel like we were amongst them because like I said the complex is pretty spacious. The food including the chinese and indian restaurant (which are included in the AI programme once a week) was very good. My daughters friend who came with us is a very fussy eater and she sadi she has never eaten so well on holiday before and she has been all over the world.

We went back to Egypt last month and made the mistake of staying somewhere else. We stayed in a 5* hotel and it was apalling in every way possible and should have been no more than a 2*. However the Holiday Village is classed as a 3* and we would say its more like a 5*. We absolutely loved it there and would recommend it to families and couples young and old. I hope this has been helpful :)
thanks very much for your help im going to book the holiday village after hearing lots of good things about it just hope its warm in Feb it would be too warm in July for us as my daughter burns really easily and my son doesnt like it too hot although u do ! Can you reccomend what type of room to book and is any block better than another thanks
I cant acyually remember the number of the block we were in but it was up by the childrens pool. On the first day it seemed a long walk to the main pool but after we had done it a couple of times we found short cuts as everyone did by leaving track marks. We met friends who stayed in the swim up rooms and these rooms were really big with walk in wardrobes etc. These rooms were the nearest to the main pool and beach area but had a little walk to the restaurant and hotel etc. On the whole if I wasnt prepared to pay extra for the swim up rooms I would be happy staying in any room. First choice have actually got an office/shop on site and you can e mail them directly and see what rooms the recommend, sorry I dont have this address anymore but Im sure if you e mailed the hotel they would give you this address.

One little thing that we really liked about this hotel and haven't seen it anywhere else is when people leave and have left over suncream/toiletries etc they leave them on a table outside the first choice shop and you can take this products and just donate a couple of pennies to have them. We found this great because we ran out of sunblock for my daughter on the last day and didnt really want to go and buy a whole new bottle and we were lucky to find that there was a bottle there we could use. People also leave lilos and buckets and spades which is a lot cheaper than buying them out there.

hope this helps :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.