General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
have you thought about flyglobespan , i know they do flights to both tenerife and faro, from glasgow and edinburgh and looking at the website it looks like you could book to come home if it came to it., although granted you would need to book a connecting flight to dublin. you could also look at doing a DIY using ryanair from dublin and just look for cheap accomadation online.
hi sun . firstly im really sorry to hear of the horrendous time you are having at the moment and a quicky break will do you the power of good and give you some more much needed strength.

I agree I think a budget airline flight would be the best option all round and you could easily change your return flight if necessary for a fee of around £20 each. Also as the likes of ryanair fly to their destinations most days you can be more flexible with how long you want to stay. then book some accomodation seperately with one of the large accomodation sites of which there are plenty like findmeaccomodation. im sure people will give you plenty of sites to look at along with some recommendation.

good luck
lyn
I hope you manage a few days respite as I'm sure you need to have some rest and relaxation.

As been suggested the budget airlines fly most days from Faro. I live in the North East for instance and flyglobespan operate 3 days a week from Durham Tees Valley http://www.jet2.com http://www.easyjet.com fly daily from Leeds Bradford/Newcastle. So we could use either of these in an emergency.

Which is your local airport and maybe we can assist?
Thanks all.. my airport is Dublin but I would drive to Belfast or I would even fly to a UK airport if I got a reasonable price becuase the prices I can get from Dub are huge. Aer lingus are looking for 666 euros return each to Faro!! (Friday to Tuesday) Would really appreciate if anyone could help as I am totally stuck

I would prefer to go tomorrow or at latest Sat and come back mid next week.. say Wed/Thur
http://www.flyglobespan.com are showing some availability for flights and accommodation, departing Glasgow tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday for various durations.

For example, 22 July, 4 nights HB at the SolPelicanos for £722, or the MeliaBenidorm for £735. That's for 2 adults, not per person.

But they are disappearing quickly, several vanished in the short time that I was searching.

** EDIT .. They also have availability 22 July Glasgow/Barcelona with 4 nights AI at the Hotel Tossa Beach in Tossa de Mar ... £636.22 for 2 incl transfers.

David :wave
They also have availability tomorrow morning from Glasgow to Costa del Sol, but the flight is at 0600 from Glasgow, perhaps not enough time for you to get across from Ireland. 4 nights HB at the Melia Costa del Sol in Torremolinos for £787.92, or 6 nights for £1051 for 2 adults.

It may be worth browsing their site for options from other airports.

David :wave
Majorca, malaga and Alicante would be the easiest palces to get back home from at short notice due to the large numbers of loc cost/schedules and charter airlines operating there at this moment.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.