Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
I can't really recommened any Tapas bars in your area but if you are considering taking a trip to Puerto Mogan then you will find some of the nicest restaurants in the area.

Sarah
Thanks Sara - we will be visiting Puerto Mogan as we enjoyed our last visit there when we were staying in PR a few years ago and will, no doubt, have lunch. We have been told of a good restaurant inland near the village of Mogan named Acaymo which we will try one evening, but we were hoping to find ones local to us in Maspalomas that would be reasonable staggering distance or a short taxi ride away ;) I will be lumbered with driving duties otherwise!

Cheers,
Jet
:wave: Try CAPRICHOS in San Fernando. also El Gauchos starters are very much like TAPASl You are staying in the SANDY GOLF a really nice complex, one level bungalows, with nice terrace area and flat surroundings, peaceful area to stay, and plenty to do within the area.
Thanks Twinky Winkey! I selected the Sandy Golf after reading good reviews both here and elsewhere and booked flights and accommodation via Travel republic for a good price. As you say, it seems perfectly situated - a little out of the way of any hustle but near enough to everything!
El Gaucho is on the list for a visit as is a wander round the San Fernando area to explore!

Cheers,
Jet
Hope you have a fab time, and I think you will like the complex as it had a complete revamp in June 06. Entertainment is low key in their sister complex GREEN GOLF across the road, there is also a mini market there. There are some really nice cafe/bars restuarants on the Maspalomas beach in front of the Costa Melonares hotel. Let me know how you enjoyed when you get back. :tup
That was my fav place to eat when we stayed in Maspalomas. The half dozen restaurants down at the seafront near the posh hotel. We never had a bad meal. What I did want to say though was that we went early April a couple of years back and it could be a little chilly down there, so you need a light jacket or wrap for any ladies. Lovely setting though. Enjoy.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.