Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
I have just returned from Lanzarote and am returning for my 3rd visit this year in 7 weeks.

Last year I was there in late November and had beautiful weather, bit chilly some evenings. I am told September is the best month weather wise as there is less wind, though I have never been troubled by the wind, its kept the heat bearable.

I love Puerto del Carmen, its incredibly friendly and not at all raucous or chavvy. If it has night clubs I never found them (never looked for them) but has plenty of live music bars that stay open quite late if you like those. There are very friendly bars and restaurants in abundance.

I found eating out very reasonable - never spent more than 12 euros per head (inclucing drinks) and found some places were cheaper - had a fabulous meal for 7 euros that included a free pint of beer or large glass of wine.

Small beer was around 1.50 euros but wine was quite expensive per glass (very reasonable per bottle in the supermarkets though)

My pal drank brandy and coke - pricey, about 4 to 4.50 euros a glass.

Everywhere had a happy hour where drinks were extremely cheap and they weren't all at the same time :)

I had never fancied Lanzarote and would never have gone had I not got a friend there. Dont think I'd go anywhgere else now, I love it.

Last time I was in Majorca was a few years ago and I found it extremely expensive, I've been pleasantly surprised with prices in Lanzarote - eg full cooked English breakfast with coffee or juice and toast for 3 euros if you shop round
I would certainly recommend Lanzarote (apart from me living here!) There is plenty to do
if your into other things than just lying on the beech or by a pool.
With a hire car you could explore the island, as once out of the resorts its not changed much.
A visit to Timanfaya Volcano National park is certainly worth while and some of these photo's
might also give you a few ideas
http://keithhatfield.fotopic.net/c1288087.html

anything else, just ask

cheers
Keith
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.