Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
With hindsight you would have probably have been better to have arranged the trip totally independently rather than in advance with your tour operator.

Frustrating, I know - but whether you can say they "ruined" your holiday because of the lack of trip/numbers or whatever reason they use for one excursion, may be difficult to argue.

If Cairo had been the major part of your holiday I'm sure they will most certainly say you could have booked a package that incorporated this part of your trip or chosen a different holiday than staying in El Gouna.

If you are lucky, you may get a voucher to use against another holiday as a gesture of goodwill on top of your refund but I think you will really have to push for that....

If you are planning another trip to Egypt, I would suggest basing yourself in Luxor where you can easily visit Cairo, Aswan and the Red Sea locations quite easily.
its easy to say with hindsight, but you expect to get what you paid for using one of the major british travel agents. also there is the question, am i insured going independantly. we have booked independant trips in egypt in the past, but this trip had everything on it we wanted to see, so it seemed to save a lot of hassle. having stayed in luxor on two other occasions, we decided on el gouna as it looked very nice and was ideally located for travel to cairo, in fact probably closer to el gouna.
i would imagine cairo to be a major part of anyones holiday, and frustratingly i know it did ruin my holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.