Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
New Excursion
29 Posts
Hi Crispy,

I have seen the show last week, it was really very nice, also the dinner was good.

You can see pictures of the show H E R E.

Here the link of the site of MEDINAT ALZAHRA: http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/infotunesie/Spectacleklein.jpg

Kind regards from the Netherlands,
Pittie
Excellent pictures Pittie and very informative. May have five pennyworth of that soon! Thanks to both you and Crispy - Jenny x
Lovely website but unfortunately couldn't see any indication of prices. Could either Crispy or Pittie please give us an idea :?:
I'll be interested in the price also, as I guess that it will be more than five pennyworth! Jenny x
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/infotunesie/th_plan_acces.jpg*

* Picture can be resized

The Park "Medinat Alzahra" offers for the year 2007 three titles of access :
The access to the Show :
Entitles, in addition to the reception in the park, solely to the large Sound & Light Show.
Day : from Monday to Saturday (to be defined by mutual agreement with the Tour Operators).
Duration : O 1h15 mn.
Schedule : Reception 21hOO, Show 22hOO.
Price : 15 Dinars.
Children : 0 to 05 years: Free.
Children : 6 to 11 years: 50% of reduction.

The Sound and Light Show of Medinat ALZAHRA Park®, recalls in 28 scenes the Historical fresco of 3 thousand years of the history of Tunisia since the Berber, Carthaginian, Roman, Arab, Turkish and French ages. On a scenic surface of 2 hectares, and in front of a plain reconstitution of a ribat and of its ramparts, the Sound and Light Show is played by a hundred actors supported by the most sophisticated special effects techniques: projection of dynamic giant images, 3D cinema projection on water screen of 15 meters of height and 30 meters of width, laser, artistic fountains synchronized on the music, sound and light on the whole scenic surface, in addition to sumptuous decorations (boat plain size) and equestrian animation. The scenario of this show as well as the sound track, the decorations and the costumes are conceived in France.

The access to the animated dinner :
Entitles, in addition to the reception in the park, solely to access the animated dinner.
Day : Monday to Saturday (to be defined by mutual agreement with the Tour Operators).
Schedule : Reception 18hOO, animated dinner 19h30 to 21h30.
Price : 15 Dinars.
Child : 0 to 11 years: 9 Dinars.

The Restaurant is provided with a scene with all the techniques of lighting and effects on which several presentations of dances, songs and animation will be ensured all along the dinner.

Menu: Wine or soda and water included. Varied salad first course, Mechouia, Houria and Tunisian. Mixed Berber Mechoui, Lamb, Veal, Chicken and Merguez (Eastern Rice Trimming). Seasonable fruit basket. Mint tea and Tunisian Pastry making.

The access to the animated dinner and show for a fixed sum :
Entitles, in addition to the reception in the park to the package of animated dinner and great Sound and Light Show.
Day : Monday to Saturday (to be defined by mutual agreement with the Tour Operators).
Schedule : from18hOO to 23h15: the reception starts at 18hOO, dinner at 19h30 to finish at 21h30. The great Sound and Light Show starts at 22hOO to finishes at 23h15.
Price : 25 Dinars.
Children : 0 to 05 years: 9 Dinars.
Children : 6 to 11 years: 15 Dinars.

Pittie
Many thanks for that Pittie - much appreciated. Lookng forward to it - it certainly looks good. Because we live in Tunisia rather then holidaying there, we don't normally do the touristy things, so it will make a nice change for us this winter. All best - Jenny x
Thanks from me too Pittie - you can usually be relied on to come up trumps. :glynis
Information I have recieved also,£22 including dinner,pick up and transport with your tour operator,or £12 without the dinner,Im looking forward to going.
May see you there Crispy. :D Jenny x
I've just found this on the Thomsons website. Apparently they do it on a Monday for a cost of £25 for adults and £13 for children 2-12. It includes coach, guide, four course dinner, red wine, soft drinks and the live show and the trip lasts from 17.00 - 23.00. Presumably other tour operators do the same trip but, as you can see, you can do it a lot cheaper by booking direct and taking a taxi if you are in the Sousse area.
I believe that I read on a dutch tunisia forum that taxis weren't allowed to go there.
gert-jan
That seems very strange. I would imagine the company which runs the show would be more interested in getting paying customers through their gates than in adding to the profits of tour companies. I will, however, make enquiries of people who live in the area and see if they've heard about the taxi ban.
Hello aslemma
I checked where I found that taxis weren't allowed to go there and it was reported on the 19th Sept. by Francis, who went there with Pittie, who I believe you have heard of and you read her topics as well I think.
gert-jan
gert-jan: I believe that I read on a dutch tunisia forum that taxis weren't allowed to go there.
gert-jan

gert-jan: Hello aslemma
I checked where I found that taxis weren't allowed to go there and it was reported on the 19th Sept. by Francis, who went there with Pittie, who I believe you have heard of and you read her topics as well I think.
gert-jan

For a taxi of Sousse / Port el Kantaoui it is not allowed to go directly to MEDINAT ALZAHRA.

You can take a taxi or louage (maybe also a bus) to Kalaa Kebira and than a taxi to the show. The same you have to do for your trip home ! It is a little bit complicated.

Most people are there with a touroperator of hired car.

Pittie
Yes gert-jan, I certainly know Pittie and she has been a mine of useful information on here. What a strange arrangement that is as it can only benefit the tour operators rather than the people who run the show. The discrepancy in price between booking direct and through a t/o is quite large. :roll: Please don't think that I was doubting you, but in my experience some tour reps have been known to be less than absolutely honest when warning guests of dangers or difficulties in dispensing with their services. :lol:
As an update, I've just had a message from an English lady who lives there. She had actually contacted the show to request the prices - they asked if she was going with a group etc. however when she replied that she would travel via taxi not as part of a group/with a rep, they didn't mention anything. All very curious. :?
This might have something to do with the local licensing arrangements for taxis - the same situation can arise here at home. I live in the next borough from my nearest largest city and 'hackney' taxis in my home town can take me there but they wouldn't be allowed to pick me up again at the end of the night - only taxis registered in that city are allowed to pick-up within the city boundaries. If I want to pre-book a taxi to bring me home I have to arrange this with a different company to the one that took me from home or else possibly use a private hire mini-cab firm that are only allowed to make private, arranged pick-ups.

So it is perfectly possible that if the venue is not in the same administrative district as your hotel then taxis aren't allowed to take you there and bring you home at the end of the evening in the sense of using the same taxi for the return trip. However, I'm sure that the staff at the venue would probably be more than happy to call a taxi for you from the local rank to come and pick you up and take you home - knowing Tunisia there's a good chance that they'll be lined up outside at the end of the show anyway.

SM
knowing Tunisia there's a good chance that they'll be lined up outside at the end of the show anyway.

I certainly can't see them missing the chance to do business. :lol: :lol:
We went to see the show with MyTravel in July and thought it was fantastic. I would recommend the trip to anyone.
There was a bit of a cool breeze blowing that evening and I did wonder if they would still run the show in the winter as sitting outside on concrete for a couple of hours could be rather cold in the winter time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.