Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi stewarts and welcome to HT :wave:

It may be worth posting this question in the complaints forum too as many experts browse tha forum.
whilst Im no expert on the t/Os legal responsibilities and I will leave that for someone else to answer a couple of things spring to mind.
Some clarification may be needed from T/C or you may already know the answer to this . Are they saying that the kidz club is not operating at all or are they saying that it will now not be staffed by thomas cook in which case there may still be a hotel / turkish animation team run one which is normal in Turkey. If that is the case the turkish are excellent with children and speak good english.

What is the name of the hotel . It may be worth dropping them an email before you decide so that at least you can get things clear in your head as to what exactly is on offer . they will most probably be able to help you more . :tup

unfortunately im away for the weekend but looking forward to reading how you get on on my return . good luck
You need to check the Terms and Conditions that came with your invoice. There is always something about short notice cancellations. The fact that their starting offer is a full refund is good. Make it clear to them that if your only option is to spend more you will take the refund and go to another company* rather than spend it with them. They may be willing to deal, less profit is better than no profit.

*make sure the other company isn't part of the TC group!
HI, they are saying that the TC kids clubs are cancelled, not the hotel run kids club. However we booked this hotel as it was a JMC World property offering not only kids clubs but also a creche, as we have a little one too oung for the clubs. Our older kids wouldn't enjoy the hotel run club, the hotel is predominantly russian and german, so I imagine they would feel a little out of place.
I have tried to do a bit of internet reasearch over the weekend, as we had a wedding all day Sat and everywhere is closed today! I feel that this should be classed as a 'significant change', it certainly will be to our honeymoon!! In which case, from what I can make out they should be offering as they have done, a full refund, or also they should offer the chance to move to another hotel with the same facilities, at their expense. I may be completly wrong!
I have been also looking at other holidays, and found one that would be well suited and at no extra cost to us, however not with TC, so would have to cancel current holiday, obtain refund and then book new holiday, all by 2nd June!!Is anyone able to give me any idea of timescale of refunds?
thnaks again :cheers
I would also personally class it as a significant change. You booked it ie made a contract with the TO to provide those significant services and now they can't deliver them.

Ring Ros/Pam on Monday on as I'm sure I've spoken to them about something similar in the past:-

The direct number to Ros's PA Pam is 01922 705134

Or try the switchboard number 01922 633214 and ask for Travel Dept.
Thanks, Glynis!

Who is Ros's PA? I think I'll phone them tomorrow - they won't be available today will they?

Thanks again.
Ros's PA is Pam she's lovely and very clued up on travel law. Tell her you came via us :tup

No I don't think they'll be in work today - if you can't get through on Ros's direct number ie ringing all the time phone the switchboard as there's a fault on the line whereby you don't necessarily get the engaged tone with Ros's number.
Hi, I worked in a Travel Agents for 13 years and I'm afraid that because the brochures are made up so far in advance (over 1 year) there is no guarantee that the stated facilities will still be available when you travel. The standard obligation by the tour operator is that if you are not happy with any change etc they have made then you may cancel your holiday obtaining a full refund or change your holiday to an alternative one (which isn't always easy especially if they don't give you much notice) without paying the normal administration fees. Unfortunately if the new holiday cost is higher then it is up to the customer to pay the difference as stated in most brochures terms and conditions. I personally think that this is wrong as the reason most people book a holiday months in advance is to get the facilities that can accommodate their individual family requirements and if the tour operator cannot provide you with this then it should be them who foot the bill not the customer!!!!

I hope you get something sorted out :)
Thanks, Lyndabelle78

We'll give the resident expert a ring in the morning and see what she advises!

Hopefully, we'll still be :sun2 after this is all sorted - hopefully!
This is the second post this month (see http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=118544) about TC telling customers about major changes at very late notice when it's too late to process a refund and let them book with someone else.

Does anyone believe that TC didn't know about them earlier? Am I the only who thinks this is a deliberate strategy by this company to hold people "hostage" knowing that many will not be able to pay for another holiday until they've had the refund for the first?
I just wondered if you have got through to Ross or main switchboard, I can't and have been trying all morning.
Hi Tillee,

We couldn't get through all day either!
We've cancelled our original holiday free of charge and booked a First Choice holiday at the Turkey Holiday Village at Sarigerme at roughly the same price however we've had to pay £75 to pick the tickets up frm the airport as we are leaving so soon!
Might write to TC on our return to see if they will compensate us seeing as we couldn't find anything suitable for us as an alternative. As a result we've had to cancel and go with another tour operator who charged us to pick our tickets up - which was not our fault!

They'll probably say they've given us a full refund without any fees so the matter is closed, but we'll try anyway!

:wave:
perhaps First Choice could be persuaded to waive the charge in return for the publicity over sorting out your problem when Thomas Cook let you down......
Have spoken to Pam/Ros and their office was closed yesterday. They had 2 days off for the bank holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.