Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Departure time is the time printed on your tickets, ie the time the flight is due to depart.

luci :wave
I have never actually been in the VIP Lounge at Cancun airport, but the normal departure area is fine,it's clean has few shops and bars/cafes and plenty of seats. We are off to Mexico in 6 weeks for the 4th year running and it can't come soon enough!!
Thankyou for your replies. Have gone ahead and booked it now, as husband treating us and have upgraded and booked lounges at all oppourtunities. Only 7 weeks on firday togo for us, just cannot wait, the sune, the sea, the food and of course the tequila!!

kat :cheers
Hi just wondered what the VIP lounge was like - we are travelling in August and I usually do book lounges for return so we know we can have a snack and drink without worrying about money etc. Would you recommend it ?? Thanks :)
The lounge is nice. It has massage chairs, big flat screen tv's, internet/wifi, sofas and a bar. Drinks are good, didn't see many international brands but we stuck to Corona so weren't really looking. Snacks weren't all that. Gatwick was much better for this. At Cancun there were peanuts, biscuits, melon peices and some toasted sandwiches that were cold, dry and past there best, even when brought in. They must make them all in one batch and keep them in fridges somewhere. Ok for nibbles but would get food from main airport if wanting something more substantial. There is a veiw onto the gates and runway.
All in all I think it was worth the money we paid, approx £35 for the two of us, and would reccomend it.
xxx :tup
Thanks for that I think we will give it a go x
Just wondering how you went about booking this? Did you do it through your tour operator or did you wait until you got there? We are going to the Riu Caribe 1st-15th October and I'm thinking about booking the VIP Lounge access on the way back home.

Thanks,
Charlene.
There is a proper TGI Friday restaurant in the departure lounge at Cancun, we just sat down to a long lazy lunch with a few beers and the time flew, It was cheaper than the lounge too and the food was great..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.