Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
thanks for that it has really helped!
carolyn x
Hi Keels :)

Can you tell me anything more about the restaurants please ?

We are going half board with a free upgrade to All Inclusive and we don't know what to expect.

I've read through loads of reviews and although everyone says the breakfast is fantastic there isn't any information on dinner or snacks.

Are all of the restaurants buffet style do you know ?
hi alex , my wife and myself were at the capo last year and it was very good . there are plenty of restaurants near to the hotel we found "the corner" the best of the lot, if you want to treat yourselves to a first class meal jump on a taxi or a bus to konnos bay[15min] away from protaras and there is a restauant named "spartikas" and it is excellent ! it is next to the grecian park hotel you will not be dissapointed!! have a great holiday. griff
Alex, the snacks at the pool bar are really nice,but quite expensive,as for the evening meals,the restaurant isn't buffet style,it is a set menu,every day they put a new menu up outside the restaurant with about 3 choices of stater and main,the dessert is buffet style,lots of cakes,fruit and cheese (not a great selection of cheeses though).
What I have found is that a lot of the European visitors tend to eat in the restaurant not that many brits, and they do seem to eat quite early so if you fancy a late meal you might be alone in the restaurant.
They also do themed nights,Cypriot,Italian and bbq which are really nice but again people tend to eat early,7-8pm.
Thanks both :)

Although we will probably eat out a couple of times we will be mostly eating in the hotel as we've booked All Inclusive.
We do like to eat quite late but we will be in a large wedding party so it will be better if the restaurant isn't so busy with other guests. We'll all get to eat together.

I like the sound of the themed nights. They sound great.
Do they have them indoors or outdoors ?
The themed nights are outside in the pavilion restaurant and its all buffet style,so you get to try everything and the food is lovely and you can eat as much as you want.These nights always seem really busy as they are good value for money,if you aren't half board or AI I think they cost about £10cyp,something like that.
The setting of the restaurant is really nice aswell,it overlooks the carp pools and you can look out over the sea.
Hello! who has already been staing in hotel "Capo Bay" (Protaras) on this year (2006)? i would be happy to read any reveiwes! thanks :)
the hotel review section is at the top of the page
you will find all reviews there
hi ive been to protaras twice now and although ive not stayed at capo bay before it is a place i would like to stay at (if i could afford it!) Looks really nice with great pool and pool bar etc...probably one of the more attractive looking hotels in protaras....good choice im sure you wont be dissapointed!
I stayed at the silver sands hotel last time...very close to capo bay.
Also its right in the centre of protaras with the beach on the doorstep.

Try Oscars and Promises for nice meals, then again ive not had one bad meal in this resort. Visit Ripples accross from Sphinx for great cocktails and a game of pool! Ghetto bar for a good dance, and the square for some open air entertainment. Avoid Bells if you hate elvis!! You'll see what i mean!! :lol:
You will find our reviews for the Capo Bay HERE

Kath HT Admin
Hello! Thanks to polar and Kath HT Admin, i have already seen these reveiwes, but they were from last year , case of i wanted to get fresh reveiwes.
Thanks to you, loran for your impressions about Protaras! really i have been in Cyprus twice and i love this country. I have stayed in Larnaka and Aya-napa, but now i decided to choose another place of this resort.
May be it sounds strange that two young woman are going to Protaras (i am going there with my sister at the end of May), but really we need just relaxing holidays (sun, sea, beach) and because of we put our sights on Protaras. i've heard that it's enough quite place with wonderful sandy beaches and i hope that Capo bay hotel is good.

Thanks everybody!
Osya :)
Loranloranloran can I just say in defence of Bells that Elvis is only on for approximately and hour 3-4 nights a week. Other than that its a party night in there.

In fact unless its changed in the last week or so they haven't got an Elvis there this season yet.

Bells is a good laugh and is ususally one of the busier bars on the strip and is one of the original ones as well.

Ok rant over lol. :D
Osya,youve made a fantastic choice with the Capo Bay,weve been visiting the hotel every year since 97 and it gets better and better,its a very relaxing hotel,eventhough you ar right on the high street because its set back its so quiet.You will have a great time.
thank you very much, keels71!!! :)
hi, is it me or does anyone else think that the capo bay hotel koi pond has far too many fish in it for its size? the sight of hundreds of fish climbing over each other to get a "sneaky piece of bread" brings you to the conclusion they are all starving. i mean if you can feed fish by hand it means these normally shy creatures are a bit desperate for something to eat. the staff let the kids feed them fish pellets at odd times in the day but the smaller ones get pushed out of the way and don't get any. gonna take some bread for them this year again :wink:
I do not know of this Koi carp pond as I live in Pafos, but I used to breed Koi in the UK and your story sounds sad, but Koi will take food from your hand they do not need to be starved just trained to do it, but this Koi pond is like many ways the Cypriots treat animals in general, is par for course...unfortunately.
hi jimbox, thanks for your reply, in fairness to the capo bay i didn't see any sign of mistreatment and the pond is very picturesque, used i believe as a backdrop for wedding photograths. i just thought it was vastly overstocked for its size. more fish than water so to speak.
Well this is mistreatment and shows the Cypriots lack of animal welfare in general!! along with the awful 'Lanate' poisoning, they kill many cats and dogs here, and also the mistreatment of many other animals, its a disgrace many tourist never see or hear of..

Off my soap box now...hits a nerve with many ex-pats here..
Has anyone stayed in a family room at the Capo Bay?
We read countless positive reviews last year and decided to book for July. Reading reviews this year though, a few negatives have appeared and we're getting a little concerned. There seem to be a lot of complaints about the rooms. We stayed at the Sunrise Beach three years ago and that was fantastic, we just hope the Capo Bay will be as good. Can anyone put my mind at rest...please?! :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.