Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Chrisykins we went to the Capo Bay 2 years ago mainly on the advice of people on this board, including Keels71. You will not be disappointed it is a fantastic hotel. We enjoyed it that much that we went back last year and had a brilliant time again. There was 3 of us including our son and we found the family rooms plenty big enough. The only reason we are not going back when we go in August is that my son is getting too big and old to share with us, and we are taking our granddaughter and a friend of my sons with us. Enjoy...
Hi Dojoman43!
Sounds better and better all the time! Can't wait now! Cheers for that!
I have booked to have my wedding and reception at Capo Bay on June 1st 2006, has anyone that has stayed there seen any weddings taking place at the hotel? Is the outdoor location okay? Our wedding is at 5:45 so hopefully most of the sunbathers will have had enough sun by then
Welly172,
the outside location is great its just on the edge of the gardens before you go down to the beach and what a fantasic time to get married,it will be a bit cooler and quieter and then it onto having a great evening.
The area is a marque which is white and all the chairs inside are covered in white,then you can have your wedding photo's taken overlooking the bay.Fantastic....
Thank you ever so much for putting my mind at rest I have sen lots of reviews for the hotel but none really for the wedding location.

There will probably be about 20 of us, we only gave out the invites this weekend and we have 10 definates already.

The hotel only does 2 weddings a day and I got the last slot they had left in that week (probably busier as it's half term week) but I was amazed at how early everyone has booked for june 2006.

I was quite pleased with the time as I couldn't imagine getting married in the blazing midday sun, not too bad for the bride but the poor groom in his suit would melt. It also will lead nicely onto the eveing meal, the hotel have sent me their menu selection and I think we are going for the Cyprus Meze, unless we get over 20 we might go for the BBQ option as you can only do this with 20+ guests. Only hope the sun isn;t too low for photos but wouldn't have thought so.
we are staying at the capo bay in july. originally i fell in love with the photos which turned out to be of their junior suites. it appears from reading reviews that the other rooms are more basic and are not as modern as the photos on their website.

anyway i'm just wondering if anyone who has stayed there can recommend a room number or particular part of hotel to request as i've read that some rooms say sea view but also view the car park. and some rooms i believe have bigger balconies and some may even have been refurbished.

we are booked into a superior sea view room but i read that these are a seperate building, small balconies and views aren't as great.

any help or advise appreciated.
We are hoping to go to Capo Bay in May and Im trying to book the hotel and flights separately. Flights Im sorted, but whos the best to book the hotel through.

Best price I have found is with Olypmic so far, just wondered if anyone better?

Thanks
Try booking direct with the hotel. http://www.capobay.com/
I think the hotel closes down from November until April. If you go into the hotel webpage you can go through the process of booking and I think it offers a discount. Hope this helps
:sun its april now so just hoping people will post some reviews soon. heading over ourselves in july, can't wait :hyper
hi anyone out there give me some up to date info on the capo bay - we have just booked for june 2008 as my brother is getting married there - we have booked a superior sea view room - are these rooms any good as i have heard different views on them ??? any info on this hotel would be more than welcome :lol: 8)
Me and my partner are off to the capo bay , in the first week in september, with this sunbed system, do they put a label, or tag, on each bed ? or do you have to hunt down your bed every morning ? , i know someone said on this forum, if they cut the grass there, and all the beds are moved , it is mayhem .
They write you name or room number on a piece of paper and stick it onto the parasol which does not move. They do this on day one. Very good system.
Cheers neavsie, nice one .
hi all. We stayed in Protaras in Oct 2005, from 23 Oct to 6 Nov, for our honeymoon. We want to go back to the Capo Bay next year, but want to either go earlier in October, so that 23rd falls in the middle of the holiday, or else go at an entirely different time, ie, the end of May/beginning of June. When we were there in October 2005, we found that Protaras was closing around us, and a lot of restaurants and shops closed on 31 October, leaving us with a limited choice. Also, the hotel was closing and moved all of the sunbeds away and kept moving us as they were closing down!
If we were to go at the end of May, what is the weather like and what is the sea like? It was plenty warm enough to swim in, in Oct/Nov and the temperatures were high, but daylight hours were limited. I know you get more daylight hours in May, but we really want to be able to swim in the sea.
All help and adviced appreciated, thanks in advance.
Hi,

We have been visting the Capo Bay for the past 10 years and have loved it,but this year we got a postcode from them with a artists impression (I think thats what it was) of how the lounge/bar area will look and its so retro!!.... does anyone know if the rest of the hotel is due to look like this.
I know all things change but not too sure if I like the way its going,no wonder the prices have gone up.
Might try somewhere else,I've heard some good reviews about the Sunrise anyone?
Thanks x
hiya, we had the same postcard and were shocked as it was so different. we spent our honeymoon at the capo bay in october 2005 and hope to go back on our 5th anniversary, but may not be able to afford it by then!
Can anyone tell me what the family rooms are like at the Capo Bay. We always stay at the sunrise beach and their family rooms are very spacious with four proper beds and plenty of room to move but they are at the far end of the hotel and last year we were at the wrong side and it was very noisy so we thought about a change. I have read somewhere that the childrens beds are chair beds and not very comfy and that the rooms are not much bigger than a standard room, also can you get a full sea view?

Many thanks in advance

Claire................
Hi cypruschick

we stayed at the Capo Bay in 2006, the family room we had was on the corner of the hotel overlooking a small part of the garden, the road and with a seaview.

large double bed and 2 chair beds, as there was only 3 of us we only had the 1 chair bed, the room was a fair size and plenty big enough for the 3 of us. The bathroom was large with double sink, how they compare with a standard room, sorry can't say. Beware tho' he balcony is tiny, only just enough room for small table and 2 chairs..

regards boaz..
Thanks for your reply, sorry its took so long to read it, ive not been online for a few days, anyway it does seem that the family rooms have got chair beds then because i read in one brochure that family rooms had two twin beds and two divans so i guess a divan is a chair bed, they should call them what they are.
Thanks again...............
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.