Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Steph,when I went I booked the trip from a local company who had a kiosk on the beach.It was to the right of the main street walking towards the sea.There main office was near our hotel The Marin which was in the area called Sorgun.If you wait until you get there you will see lots of local companies advertising Cappadocia.I think the UK holiday companies only go for 2days/1 night which is definetly not long enough.
I am trying to convince my husband, daughter (14) and her friend, also 14, that it is worth the trip. Did you go on an overnight coach? Any more advice would be really appreciated as I do realise it is a long way but I would really love to go.
Thanks
Steph.
Steph, did you ask about Cappadocia earlier this year?.We Started our trip about 10am and stopped at Konya,the underground city,and a few other places on the way there.We arrived at sunset which was amazing.Our hotel was built into the rock and the balcony overlooked the fairy chimneys in Goreme.The 2nd day we toured the whole area which was magnificent.That evening we went to a Turkish night in an undergroun resturant.The 3rd day we set off for Side and all the staff of the hotel came to wave us off.On the return we stopped about 3 times at different places to the trip there.The night after we got back the owner of the company took us to a pub for a drink.I wish I could remember his name but it was 11 years ago this May.I am going to Olu Deniz this May and cant visit Cappadocia from there but hope to visit again in October with a holiday to Side.This trip just cost us £38! The rep was charging £98 for 1night/2days.
Hi! Yes I did, I'm still trying to persuade the family to go. I am reading very mixed opinions on Side and one advantage of staying there seems to be that you can do the Cappadocia trip from there. If someone can recommend a tour operator maybe I can convince the family that the hours spent on the coach is worth while. I am not a huge fan of sitting on coaches but it is a good way to see a country.
Hi All! :D
I've just got back from a long weekend in Cappadocia and :wow

It was absolutely fantastic!! I think I can say that we have managed to cover pretty much all of the sites to see, my legs are still hurting from all the walking and climbing :D I would have definitely found other things to do if I had more time there, such as a hot air balloon ride, a horseback trek or quadbiking are a few of the things I didn't get the chance to do.. We only had enough time to cover the basics but it was definitely worth it.

Now that I have added Cappadocia to my area of expertise if anybody need any help or advise for this area let me know :lol: :lol:
We are hoping to holiday in Turkey for one month.
We would like to visit Capadocia and then stay at a resort not to far from there for a week? OR stay at a resort and then go to Capadocia for a few days, which resort would be the nearest and best.many thanks.
We would like to end up in Icmeler(home)for the last two weeks

Perhapes you could advise John
Hi Joan,

If you are going to do a 2 resort holiday you could fly to Antalya then have a few weeks in that are say Alanya then catch a bus to Capadoccia and then have 2 weeks in Icmeler.

Or do Istanbul then Capadoccia/Alanya then Icmeler.

John
Hi Joan,I visited Cappadocia from Side 12 years ago for 3days,2nights with a local tour company for £38.I thought that was a bargain as reps were charging £98 for 2days,1night.I just came back from Side last night and the local tour companys were selling this trip for £30,some were charging 30 euro!.I couldnt persuade my husband to go as we flew over deep snow over the mountains.We will go when we go back to Side later in the year.It is a magical place and I would love to visit for a whole week.Jay
I would love to got to Cappadocia, any one been, was it worth it ?
Want to combine it with holiday at a resort, I know prob Side and down that area the nearest to it, but been to Side, not really keen.

I am sure someone mentioned they had been while staying in Icmeler, know that would be a journey but will be taking a four week hol, so thats fine.thanks Joan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.