France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
I've never even heard of these - but I think that having a mastercard or visa would be required to pay for car hire - not cash - because of excesses.
There is an article about these in today's money Guardian - I didn't really read it properly, but I do think it said it can be an expensive way to take money, as you pay to load the card and each time you use it - tho this may have been at a cash machine.

Gill
I'd be a little dubious as to whether you can use it or not.

Car hire companies generally get you to sign an agreement that allows them to charge eg damage or fines to your account after the event - either that or you pay a hefty cash deposit.

How far that's possible with one of these pre-pay cards is not certain.
Tell me about it - I have a thread in the complaints forum called car hire trouble detailing the money a car hire company tried to take from my parents in law after their return to England!!

Gill
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.