General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Sorry can't help on that one. My experience is in this country, although the T&Cs would look to be a standard set whichever place you hire. I would not have accepted a policy of that type.

The thing you need to consider is how much it will cost you, against paying the excess local. You also have the hassle, as I understand it, of paying and claiming back in the case of an incident.

In our case we try to use the local transport to get around where possible so it is cheap enough for me to pay the excess.

fwh
The cost of the policy for 10 days in Spain is £17.50 which is far, far cheaper than either paying the Hertz supplement to waive the excess or having to pay the excess in the event of accident or theft. The hassle of paying the excess and then claiming it back is not really a problem. A lot of companies work that way anyway.

We would normally use a car hire company that has no excess but at Barcelona Airport that was not an option.

Local transport is not an option either as we have a two and a half hour drive to where we are staying. Don't quite understand your point on that as if you use public transport why would you have to pay an excess anyway?

Pippa
We use worldwideinsure all the time for general holiday insurance, but like all insurances you don't know how good they are until you make a claim, which we have never had to do.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.