Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
2 hours is not considered a major change. You wont be allowed to cancel free of charge. At the time of booking flight times will have been given as an indication and subject to change.

I understand your arguments but you still booked a flight arriving back late evening. If you really didnt want unsociable timings would you not have been better booking a morning flight which would give you an afternoon return.

Kind Regards
Stewart
I had a similar problem with Panorama (My Travel ) last year to Algarve last year.Our flights were put back by 7 hours so returned to UK at 1 a.m. My husband compained and eventually we got a full refund "As a gesture of goodwill" me thinks to keep our gobs shut!!!. Took ages for refund to come.
I agree with Stewart - if you wanted to be sure of a 'day' flight then you should have booked one leaving the UK in the morning.

2 hours is most certainly not considered a major change and you will not be able to cancel without forfeiting your deposit.

I think you will have to stick with it - after all even if your flight times had not changed you might still be delayed for a couple of hours anyway.

Pippa
Hi , thanks for all your replies . :)

.....I had a feeling that we don't really have any options.....when I booked last October these were the only flights available that departed in the day at all - there was nothing going out in the morning !!!

We were supposed to leave at 13.30...which wasn't too bad, since it is a 4 hour flight plus 2 hour time difference , this got us landing at Antalya airport at around 19.30.....now we won't be arriving till 21.30 ...so with transfers, baggage , visa control etc pick up etc I don't suppose we will be at our hotel till 23.30 :cry: ....this I can live with, as long as it does not stretch out any further ...........its more a problem on our return journey with our late pick up from Manchester since we are unlikely to be out & on the road till around 02.00am.......and as pointed out this could be later if delayed.

Well, that'll teach me to book so early :roll: ...my only consolation is that at least the price of the flight is higher now (although I suspect that I might be getting a bill for the increase in APD from them at some stage).

Out of interest, could anyone tell me at what stage a flight time change constitutes a major change ?
Judy .is there maybe another airport you could go from . ??? portland changed our flight times and i only noticed it by accident . admitably pushing it on 5 hours into a very nasty night flight by they were more than happy to change me from gatwick to the earlier stansted flight with no amendment fees which i would of preferred originally anyway but it was too dear. luckily it had come down in price . did phone the booking department first and they were most unhelpful wanted to charge me £200 in amendment fees but found another dept that were only too willing to help so think it depends what department you talk to.

lyn
Hi Judy,
What a pain. :( Have you tried ringing them, did you book direct with mytravel or through an agent of somekind? If it's an agent they may have other flights now that are more suitable, perhaps you could appeal to their better nature and they might let you swap to something that suits you better.

I'm assuming you have paid the whole cost up front and not just a deposit you would be prepared to lose for better flight times.

Flights to Antalya always seem to be at bad times. :( Its one the main thing that stopped me from going to that part of Turkey last year.
i think its usually around 12+ hours that makes it a major change

i know this is very annoying but sadly its very common for flights to change in time infact more often than not mine change to turkey even if its just an hour

if you have booked ticketless flights with first choice then you will get charged £5 each extra we got charged a few weeks ago and were given 3 days to pay or my flight would be cancelled as i didnt receive their first email asking me to pay !!! also on the email it did say everyone would be notified by 28th feb so if i were you i would contact them re this, just incase you didnt receive their email too
hi

We only paid a deposit but it is too much to lose really. :(

Well, I think I will ring them (good thinking :tup ) even though they haven't officially notified me yet ...it can't hurt to ask can it ? :lol:
Summed up perfectly by Stewart.

Kosmar in particular advertise their flight times as provisional and subject to being announced and they usually have no bearance on the actual times, which must be a problem for advance bookings.

Two hours is not really bad, my flight delays are normally worse than that !!!!!!!!!!!!

Robby :wink:
Complaints regarding changes in flight times appear on a regular basis. What I am not able to understand is why, when flights are booked so far in front, anyone is surprised that changes have to be made.

I do not see it as a conspiracy on behalf of the TO/Airline as some seem to suggest. In our own lives plans we make many months in front often have to be changed. Why should we not expect it from others?

fwh
The Airlines started this off by publishing prices and `times`almost a year in advance and a lot of people accept what is published.What the Airlines and their TO`s DONT say is that airport slot allocations are doled out at a once a year conference to which the airlines submit their wish list, then get told what they are having and it is at that point that many of the travelling public get disappointed.
Has happened to me this year, changed from a morning to an afternoon departure, but luckily knowing the system I expected it. Pricewise I was still happy :lol:
The slot conferences are usually held towards the end of each year. Scheduled flights get priority as well. Charters share whats left..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.