Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Well i wouldn't go for the key cutting option. If you're still in the room when the next guests arrive or you leave the room late at night without it being cleaned for the new arrivals just think how you'd feel if that happened to you!

You could try Thomas Cook for a refund but it depends on whether they class the flight change as a major change (even though it's major to you!). Tour Ops won't normally arrange a later check out in the uk as that sort of thing is left to their agent in Lindos. I've often arranged this over there but they do charge extra and it's only extended until 6pm.

If being out from 6pm is a problem with having the two year old then i'd say you've got no other option than to book somewhere for the last day/evening. Checking out at midnight won't be a problem, even if it's a simple property without reception, they just ask you to leave the key in the door. You could of course get a receipt and TRY to claim when you get back, as long as you don't go wild and book into a 5 star hotel there's a chance they'll refund but i wouldn't bank on it.
option 3 aproach the hotel direct [by e-mail if poss] explain the situation they may be able to afford you a cheap night stop room [not usualy the best rooms but used in times of trouble] they may even let you keep your room for a fee

yasoo

wizard
Yeah thanks, the 3rd was really a bit of tongue in cheek more of being angry............hehe.

Yeah, I've tried looking for various hotels in Lindos, but they all seem tied in with a travel company and can't book for the day.

Have contacted someone about George Studios (has them in Lindos and St Pauls) so I'll see what comes of that.

MAny Thanks

FD
Hiya,

We have had so much hassle getting info on flight changes etc from Direct holidays we have reported them to Abta!

Our flight from Glasgow was at the same time and was cancelled and replaced with the Thomas cook flight. The change in flight time is more than 12 hours which, according to their terms and conditions, is a significant change to your holiday- This is from their booking terms and conditions-

*** terms and conditions removed breach of copyright****** wizard

We changed on to the flight from edinburgh, which goes out at 10am from Glasgow and leaves Rhodes to return home at 5:30pm....... They attempted to charge us for the amendments till I quoted their terms and conditions (above). Changed our flights free of charge.......

Lynne
Hi again,

If you are trying to get through to Direct Greece/ holidays and are fed up queuing for ages.......... Call 0141 559 7000. This gets answered by Glagow office....... I refused to hang up or get transferred to another department until I had everything sorted........ If they refuse ask to speak to their line manager and make sure you get the agent and their managers names...... That did the trick for us.......

Lynne
FD Don't worry about booking something before you go - there's a lot of accommodation in Lindos that's not listed on the internet. Lindos Suntours can often book something for your last night, just call in while you're in resort. Also plenty of privately owned accommodation where you can just give them a knock and ask for the price of 1 nights stay (they won't all do 1 night but many will, especially outside peak season).
Thanks Marcus, but I might owe Steve/Lynne whatever the hell their name is..........LOL. :D ;)

That's a great idea and I don't care if I have to fly from Edinburgh, this will be FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR better for me.

OMG I hope this works, as that'll mean I get to see the CL Cup Final too............woohoo!!

You could well be a star Lynne. :tup

FD
Woohoo, it's changed. :tup

Now I get better flight times and also get to watch the CL Final.

Now I can go back to my original plan of getting over to Lindos, going to Miki's for a fish supper, taking it back to my apartment and have a few drinks and then head off to watch the CL final with my Dad. Excellent.

I owe you a Ouzo Lynne/Steve. :cheers

FD
Seems that original Glasgow flight has been changed now to 10pm at night. This is from 6am that day........jeez, thank god I got off that flight.

FD
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.