Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Change of hotel
7 Posts
Michelle, I'd suggest you contact Simpson Millar Solicitors on 0808 145 1358 , where you get some free legal advice. Please let us know how you get on.
Thanks Glynnis I will do that.

I have just spoken to customers services who feel that change of hotel less than 24 hours etc isnt a major change to our holiday and does not need compensation or refund of price
Michelle I think that's ridiculous. If you've chosen to book an hotel, it's because that's where you want to go- how can they say that putting you in an entirely different hotel isn't a major change :que I know it's probably covered in their Ts and Cs but it beggars belief how they can get away with it!!!
I have just spoken to customers services who feel that change of hotel less than 24 hours etc isnt a major change to our holiday and does not need compensation or refund of price

I think that it is going to be difficult to pursue this retrospectively and why you really do need expert professional advice. A change of hotel in this way IS a major change and under most TOs terms and conditions you would have been entitled to a full refund as a consequence but by going on the holiday - albeit to a different, cheaper hotel - I think that they are going to argue that you accepted and agreed to the changes and hence why they are now saying that you aren't entitled to any refund or compensation. Whether you are successful or not is really going to depend an awful lot on what was actually said to you by TC staff at the time.

Similarly, as you acknowledge, because these were all the made as separate bookings there isn't much that can be done about you initially being transferred to different hotels unless you can produce evidence that at the time of booking you were all promised that the bookings would be linked in the system. Again, much will hinge on what was actually said at the time and that could be hard to prove into the bargain.

I'm really sorry that this has clearly blighted what should have been a great celebration for your birthday but in circumstances like this your bargaining position is at its strongest before you actually depart unless you give them written notice that you are accepting these changes under sufference and without prejudice to later action on your part. If you did this, then you might have a much stronger case. As always the, the devil is in the detail when things go wrong.

SM
We were not even given the opportunity to cancel. just informed that our hotel had changed. I received a telepone call at 2.00pm on Monday (bank holiday) and we were flying early hours Tuesday morning so not much notice to cancel or look into different hotels. If I hadnt been home to receive that phone call I wouldnt have had an idea that my hotel would have been changed until I got to Mexico. Surely they would have known about the changes before then
As earlier suggested Michelle give Simpson Millar a ring it won't do any harm and they'll be able to explain your legal rights.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.