Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Where did you book the cruise , and when did you actually travel . The I.E has been in dry dock since end of November and all booked itineraries were then put onto The Thomson spirit , until mid Feb .

However the maintenance etc ran over slightly so I think 2 sailings were changed . However all or most TA's with bookings should have been informed to pass onto the customers immediatly.
I booked the holiday in November at our local Thomson travel agent. We went on the 11th of feb which we were told was to be it's first sail since the re-fit.
I remember we had some notification on earlier cruise dates , but not sure about these new sailings . We read some info on the later dates changing , but as we had no one on them we did nt pay as much attention. Sorry but not able to tell you when we saw it , whether it was before you departed or not , but I suggest a trip to your TA would be in order.
This is a variation on the old hotel changed without notice problem. In those cases their backs are partially covered by things in the T&Cs. But, any alternative has to be of equivalent standard.

So first thing to check is your T&Cs for the cruise, almost certainly it says they may have to change the ship and it does appear in this case that there was a genuine problem.

So that brings us to the cabin quality. What happened there seems to have be on a par with selling someone a holiday in a Ramada and moving them to a Travelodge! Not on and no amount of small print will cover them for that. Hammer them on this point and don't confuse the issue with the lack of notice (they may say they told your TA) or the inability of the crew to help (if it's full, they can't magic up a new cabin). The Novovirus is a good second point but keep it clearly seperate in it's own paragraph.

Wriet to them using recorded delivery. Keep the letter to one page as they never read more. Paragraph one, basic explanation of ship changed. Paragraph two, big complaint about difference in cabin standards, para three small complaint about Novovirus, para 4 what are they going to give you as compensation for not delivering anything like what they sold? And don't expect a reply in less than 27 days.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.