General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Never happened to me. I'm fastidious in the 'tickets, money, passport' ritual. I check and I check and I check and I check some more.

I usually travel on my own anyway but if I was travelling with someone else then I would take charge of the tickets and passports anyway - I have a need to be in control of these things. :cheers

I always forget something mind you but figure if I have those 3 things then anything else is no big deal.
I would take charge of the tickets and passports anyway - I have a need to be in control of these things.

Same here SandC. There's no way anybody else is getting hold of our passports and tickets - not even hubby!!
as above i keep checking every 5 minutes. must be a sign of madness
I only carry my own passport and ticket and the other half carries his own passport and ticket. I would never let anyone else take charge of them for me.

I spend the entire journey up to the airport checking that I have tickets/passports/travellers cheques/credit cards. I check my bag so often that my other half tells me off because the sound of the zips being open and closed really annoys him.
I'm the control freak as I carry the passports/tickets/travel documents/money. Hubby has been known to misplace his own wallet, then after panic has found it in a side pocket of his hand luggage, cant be doing with that on every trip.
But yes I do check several times the evening before travel then the next morning I am still checking every 10 minutes that its all still there. :rofl
I am fanatical about checking there all packed , and will be looking in my flight bag to make sure little hands have'nt touched them even the night before we got to the airport, this ritual will be done at least 10 times before we leave home, and I am 10 times worse after check in!!!!, for some reason I have it in my head that I have'nt put them back in my bag so I check every few minutes that they are there only to have to go through the whole process 2 more times at passport control and when we board.I can finally relax when I get on the plane, only to have to go through it all over again when we get off :rofl .
Oh well happy holidays, it makes it all worth while when you get there :) .
Oh thank you, thank you, thank you. I thought it was only me who can't help but to keep pearing in the flight bag checking over and over. I get to the stage where I think I don't care about anything else as long as those precious items are there :rofl
Im a check, check and recheck girl as well. Im still looking into the bag as I go to bed the night before, first thing in the morning im checking again, then all the way to the airport, at the airport .... Im a nightmare. Hubby goes quietly mad at my constant checking as well.

Im like others, I wouldnt be able to relax if someone else was looking after the important stuff. Its me or noone Im afraid. The only person to blame if things go wrong would be me then.
Thank goodness for the invention of Travelon bags, the tickets, passports etc all have their place and it never leaves my body. :tup

I did leave my crutch in the car once :whoops (I have walking difficulties) when being dropped off at the airport by my daughter in law who was in a hurry to get back before the M25 became a car park. I ended up paying a small fortune for a stick in Italy. Now I collapse it and stick it to the side of the packed case with masking tape. :lol:
I became more paranoid when one year, having promised my other half that I would buy lunch, I realised half way through the meal that I didn't remember seeing my credit cards/debit card in my bag except for a few euros and travellers cheques. When I checked, I had forgotten to put them in my bag. I was blinking angry with myself. Rather than use up the small amount of sterling I had on me, o.h. paid for the meal. My week away was a bit disappointing for me because I saw loads of lovely things I could have bought with my cards but couldn't. My o.h. was pleased but I wasn't.
I only carry my own passport and ticket and the other half carries his own passport and ticket. I would never let anyone else take charge of them for me.

I won't even let hubby take charge of his own because if he loses his, there's no way I'd go on my own :rofl I pack my hand luggage a day or two before and check that the important stuff are still there the night before. I'll check again just before leaving for the airport and once on the journey. I make myself not check again just in case they fall out with all the checking :duh Vicjayhay, I also can't relax immediately after check-in as with all the excitement I'm worried I've put them somewhere different and won't be able to find them :duh

To recap then, so far nobody's actually arrived at the airport without their passports :think Apart from Helen T's hubby of course. You wait till I tell him :rofl
SandC wrote:
I'm fastidious in the 'tickets, money, passport' ritual..... if I was travelling with someone else then I would take charge of the tickets and passports anyway - I have a need to be in control of these things..... I always forget something mind you but figure if I have those 3 things then anything else is no big deal.
:rofl
Sounds like me - while running round the house, locking doors/windows, setting light/video timers, turning off taps/sockets etc I chant to myself "tickets, money, passport, tickets, money, passport" and keep going back to check my hand luggage. I check it again several times in the taxi to the airport and right through the airport until I'm on the plane :roll: It's true though, as long as you have those three things everything will be okay - as long as you have tickets and passports you can still have your holiday, and as long as you have money/cards you can buy anything else you've forgotten!
I made my father check he had his passport when travelling to France last month before we left, I can't trust my father to remember anything lol I myself am a check, check, check type of person.
we have a travel wallet in it stays out copy of insurance and passports, then i we book the holiday i put the confirmations in the wallet followed by copies of OH's prescriptions then when they arrive the flight tickets and accommodation and transfer vouchers [if separate] all have their own little compartment except the prescriptions which go in the travel money section as i have a separate wallet for foreign currency, the last thing i do before we travel is check everything is in the wallet and i put my driving licence and plastic in the wallet then both go in the flight bag... touch wood never forgotten anything and hopefully shouldn't

wizard
I am the wife of the guilty party :yikes Never again will he be left in charge of anything as important. After all the times we've watched that "Airport" programme & thought people who turned up without their passports were crazy. :rofl Thank goodness that we always get to check in really early, otherwise there would have been 2 less on the plane :cry
im glad its not just me that checks every 5 minutes :rofl
even on the way to the airport i must check my bag 3 or 4 times just to make sure they are still there tho god knows where they would've gone, i make out that imjust getting something out my bag or hubby would think ive gone doolally :rofl
I become so stressed by all the checking and rechecking that by the time we are sat on the plane, I really do need a holiday.
Hi
I thought it was only me who checked, double checked etc. ;)
Our taxi driver always asks us before we get into car - Passports, Tickets and Money - other things can be bought if you forget but you need these essential 3 (I always add Insurance to the essential 3).
I even check while on route to the airport - sometimes more than once. :que Glad it is not just me.
8 weeks on Sunday and I will be checing again. :sun2
Irene
I also have to be in charge of the passports and tickets and check and double check etc. to the rest of the family's amusement.

However, I would like to belatedly thank a less organised stranger who forget their passport! A couple of years ago we were flying from Birmingham to Toronto and on check in we found there would be a delay of at least 15 hours. We found out there was an Air Transat flight just a couple of hours later but this was full though the agent put on us standby saying he thought we'd be unlikely to get on. However, a couple turned up to check in and the guy had forgotten his passport so we were given their seats - turned out they were in the premium cabin so we were delighted! We were even more pleased when we found out the original flight eventually arrived into a different airport 28 hours later :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.