General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
:rofl And me. Have to change all the beds the day before and wash the kitchen floor.
I check everything so many times and usually lose sleep going over what I have packed let alone essentials like passports, and yes I too have dreams I'm at the airport and can't fly because something is missing.

This subject reminded me of a few years ago when my son went to Tenerife with his mates and one of them left for the airport early in the morning as he was flying home on a different plane. When my son realised his mate had took his passport by mistake he rushed in a taxi to the airport hoping to exchange passports but his mate was already on board as no one had noticed the difference.

After explaining the situation someone managed to exchange the passports by the skin of their teeth before the plane took off. Well when the lad arrived at Gatwick he was stopped by Customs and spent a couple of hours trying to make them believe it was a genuine mistake. :whoops
The story of your son's passport does call into question just how thorough the checks sometimes are at airports Caz. :roll:

I never bother going to bed if I've got an early morning flight as I find I'm better that way. I settle down and watch TV or something but still set the alarm on my mobile in case I drop off, though I never have so far. I'll sometimes doze on the plane but have usually got through the tiredness barrier by the time I land.
Years ago when i was 24 a friend persuaded me to book a fly drive holiday to florida with my hubby.Everyone said you didnt need a visa as you just fill in a visor waivor form on the flight over.Well we get to the airport,hand over our passports and the check in girl asks where is my visa?.... To cut a long story short i had an irish passport and did need a visa!!..... we had to go back to london to get a visa from the american embassy.... we did get to florida but 2 days late
we did get to florida but 2 days late

Ooh, nightmare. Can't think of anything worse than missing 2 days of my hols.
I can shirley H - missing three days lol

;) Sorry pink humour. x
Was touch and go if i'd even get into the american embassy so loosing 2 days was nothing.... was really stressful at the time
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.