EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
I would also like to know more as we own a ground floor duplex in Icmeler, will it affect existing owners. We had an enquiry today from a Turkish man requesting prices and availability, that's the first Turkish enquiry we have had in a year of renting, was it the Turkish tax man? I wonder. Not that we are trying to avoid paying our taxes we are keeping books and expect to pay tax if we show any profit that is. Would this subject get more response if it was posted in ex pats and owners abroad? Looking forward to any responce. Gaser
hi gaser, yes i would like to know more about reports of no being able to sell ground floor apts to eng as im thinking of putting mine in turunc up for sale next year (i cant see many turks queing up to buy) maybe bryn or chelsea boy could help on this one....tracy
I have spoken to a Turkish friend who has a property company, and he said there is some confusion over the wording of this law. It should be clarified in May. His advise at the moment is not to consider ground floor apartments at this time until the situation has been clarified. I will keep you posted when I heard anything else.
hi tracie w... i've not heard about this..sounds crazy and restrictive. Will have a word with a couple of people in the know and pass on info.One bright point is that this year will see the arrival of the Turksh mortgage system. This will enable Turks to borrow against the house value and stimulate the market...
This the response I have received from the Estate Agent who first raised this info.
"As long as the unit (apartment) is registered as either residential(mesken) or commercial (isyeri) in the title deeds, any foreigner can purchase. This law is not nationwide but designed by local goverments". This is from a Kalkan estate agent.
I am not sure what the implications are for other people, but would suggest that anyone who maybe affected by this, checks with the local Land Registry.
Joan I have been unable to get on the site for a few days and this question came up on another forum two days ago, So far we have not had this in Antalya but I will check it out and see whats what, hope to have an answer soon.

bryn
I'm wondering too as there is a competition running to win a ground floor apartment in Altinkum.
I found some latest news regarding this. As it may affect people selling or buying ground floor aprts I am putting the forum details on. See http://www.turkishliving.com
  • Edited by JoanH 2006-05-25 17:51:02
So far we have not had this in Marmaris too. But if the property out of Council map you can not buy it. but you can sell your property to Turkish persons. If the property in Council map you can buy/sell property.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.