Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I think they will cover themselves by stating that you should observe their minimum check in time of -2hrs before the scheduled departure time. Had you done so you would have still caught the flight. I can understand why you planned to arrive later than the crowds and the coaches at DLM but it's a risk you take if you leave check-in to the last minute. I don't believe you will get anywhere with claiming compensation.
I agree with Traveller that whilst you only live a short distance from the airport 20 minutes isn't within 'their' recommended check in times. However, with everyone in all industries these days spouting off about 'treating customers fairly', you might want to include in your letter that they did not give you sufficent notice of the change to the flight time, had they done so you would have ensured that you would have arrived in good time. I think you may struggle a little though, but good luck and let us know
I have to agree with the other posters I'm afraid. 20 mins prior isn't within their advised check in times. If booking flight only I don't know how they could have contacted you to let you know.
Hi you said you arrived 20 minutes prior to the time check-in was supposed to close - did it say anywhere on your ticket/booking the opening and closing times of the check-in desk? What time exactly did you arrive at the airport?
I think you will just have to put this down to experience and learn from it. You really must check in earlier than 20 minutes before the desk closes. I really do not feel you will get anwhere by complaining and I doubt very much that you will receive any compensation.

I would never dream of leaving checking in till so late - anything can happen as you have found out.

Pippa
The main thing here is did the check in close at the alotted time ie 40 minutes before ETD if it closed early I think you would have a claim, but you got to prove it.
I agree that checking in 20 mins before is cutting it too fine. I'm afraid to say I don't think you'll get anywhere. Now, if the flight time had changed by an hour or more, then maybe you'd have more of a case.
i have to agree with the others 20 mins isnt enough time , usually it states on the ticket to ring them within a certain time frame to check the flight is leaving on time, if this is written on your ticket anywhere then you will have no chance to make a claim
Thanks anyway. I guess i have learned from my mistakes. will make it much earlier next time. Knowing my luck i will then be delayed for several hours! :-)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.