Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Because of the two girls ages, you are going to pay adult prices for half board. S/C is a good option as food is generally cheap, especially if you like Chinese, and some half board hotels are not always that good, food wise.

The other option is to wait until a few weeks before you go and see what is available.

Is Benidorm your only option??

All the best, hope you get what you want

Robby :wink:
No Benidorm is not the only option it's just that we are familiar with the area having travelled there many times before.My eldest daughter and her boyfriend are also coming with us but they will probably go their own way this is why I chose it as at least they'll be able to find their way back at night.
I don't mind SC myself it's just I thought HB would be easier.

I was looking at Sol pelicanos originally but that's around £450 for a week at that time of year.We may opt for the Riudor as that's coming up at £388 although the pool is a bit small.
I'll probably end up just taking around £350 from her parents and paying the difference myself
I've stayed at the Riudor, and the food is spot on, as well as the staff, and the pool isn't that bad.

Remember you can use any pool you want, in any hotel, and the beach is only a few minutes walk.

£388 in not a bad price at that time of the year, and as you know Beni is cheap for drinking etc. :wink:

Have fun,

Robby
You cant use the pool at Sol Pelicanos,I know because we've stayed there and they have a person checking your room cards as you go up to the pool area,although I do have a Sol Melia card so I may get away with it.
I'm sticking with mt Riudor choice at the moment,I don't think I'm going to get a cheaper deal anywhere unless it's somewhere in the back of beyond and lets face it you couldn't get much much closer to the nightlife with the Riudor plus they have air con in the bedrooms ahh bliss!!!
Yes, the Riudor is a good central choice, close to most of the nightlife.

If possible I would ask for a room pretty high up, the "noise" isn't so bad

enjoy whatever you decide, good luck

Robby :wink:
Hi, Tangobunny.
I think you may have a problem getting accomodation in July for the price that you are looking for.
I have just booked the las dalmatas for the 1st week in may, we are paying £379 per person (just me/hubby) and I got that off teletex.!
I think the prices seem to have gone up rather steeply this year.We usually go to the same 4* hotel in Torremolinos, same weeks,(end of june) same board.
price in 2003....£469 pp
price in 2004....£499 pp
Price this year....£577 pp...2 weeks half board and this was DIY.
same holiday with Thomson £680 pp.
I wish you well in your search.

sanji xxx
Tangobunny, have you looked at hotels in the poniente end? we find that its a little cheaper but still within walking distance to everthing you need.
Just been looking since last post for xmas 2005. (went last xmas 2004)
same hotel...same dates...same tour operator.
£200 more on total price. :yikes

sanji xxx
I've just had a quick look at a DIY option.As I have a MaS card I managed to get a costing for 3 double rooms at Sol pelicanos.It came to £1401 plus 6 return flight tickets @£59.99 each .
Total £1730.94 for 1 week Plus whatever the return taxi fare is from Alicante.
Cheapest package I could find for the 6 of us was £2532 with Thomson online.
Not bad eh! all I have to do now is pluck up the courage to do a DIY as I've never done one before
Check with http://www.alpharooms.com, you can book the Sol Pelicanos for around £320 per twin room H/B, thats only £960 for the six of you, and if you can get the flights so cheap, go for it.

You can get a bus from Alicante for about 6 Euros each, or get a private driver.

Go for it, you will regret it if you don't. I just did my last holiday DIY in Benidorm in December and it was a "piece of cake", and will book most of my hols from now on by myself.

All the best,

Robby
Hi We booked our first DIY to Benidorm last year after having been many times through the normal channels and we saved a fortune. You can book a week in a fantastic 2 bedroom apartment, which sleeps six for 575 euros, about £410 in July, which has air conditioning, w/machine etc and great pools. Check it out for yourself. As you know Beni well these apartments are just up from indoor market, near to Melia and Levante so ideal for where you what. You can read my review in the Hotel section, here is the link: http://www.espis.net/rent_01.html Look in the photo gallery for more great pictures. This is a spanish estate agent who we rented off and everything was perfect. We paid 20% deposit and the balance when we arrived. but also some British companies rent them out, check in google for their names, although they seemed dearer to me. Hope this helps. Go for DIY, don't think you will ever book through T/O again unless you get a really good bargain. Karen
Hi we are doing a DIY holiday to Benidorm half term there is me my hubby my teenager daughter her friend and my grandson we are stayin all inclusive in crystal park we paid £800 per week for all of us inc flights hotel and transfers we booked through wintersunshineholidays bmibaby flights and shuttle diredt transfers were do you want to fly from?
I'd be going from Cardiff.2 adults,2x17 yr olds and 2x14 yr olds.I know there are some lovely appartments but we would prefer to go HB
tangobunny have you got globespan flying from your airport ?

my mate is booked for 27th june £369 including transfers from glasgow staying at sol pelicanos hb thought that was a good price

have fun :lol:
If that's for one person it's a very good deal. If it's for more than one person, it's an excellent deal!

I'm ticked off with having to pay a bomb just because I go on holiday on my own. Just been offered a good deal though - 10nights,end of April at the Barcelo Pueblo for £380. If I hadn't seen bad reviews of the Pueblo I'd have snatched their hands off.
Thanks for the links.
Alpha rooms actually worked out more expensive.
It would have been £1585.74 for 3 double rooms whereas direct with my MaS card they quoted me £1401.
unfortunately Globespan only go from scottish airports from what I can see,so I'm going to try a few others later on and see what I get.Then it's only a matter of taking the plunge
I know it sounds tight but I'm trying to squeeze as many pennies as I can off our holiday. Can anyone find the Marsical IV-V for less than 147.00 for 7 nights?

Or even better has anyone got any promo codes for sites that provide that hotel?
Hi Melissa

If you could give the dates involved and the amount of occupants it would certainly help to get a price. :roll:
Sandie
Try Benidorm Reservations Centre http://www.beninter.com , select Apartments then "Prices and Availability". The top of the list "Apart. Varios" means they put you in an apartment block of their choice and is usually very cheap. The worst of their apartments (check out the list, it will be one of the ones on there) are at least as good as Mariscal 4/5 so if the price is comparable you can't really lose out and there is always a chance you'll strike it lucky and get one of the really good ones.
Remember the price quoted is per apartment and in euros.
I stayed at Mariscal 4 on my first visit to Benidorm and although I thought it was OK I've read some people criticising the security of the apartments but that can just come down to one scally staying there!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.