Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Cheap Deals Now!
31 Posts
Great price. Is it flight only Neil?
No!

2 weeks + Accomodation (Not Very Good according to forum hotel reviews).

Abalone Resort (Arpora) - Royale Village (Calangute)

Flying Monarch - Jewel In The Crown Package

I was going to go to Kerala but at this price I'm ditching the accommodation and getting somewhere where I like.

£50 more to go 1 week later (8th)
Thats the best price ive heard so far Neil. Worthwhile checking out the accommodation first and if its not suitable find somewhere else. I guess as long as its clean thats the main thing.
Yeah, I agree Gemma... but after getting budget accomodation last year at the dreaded Dona Alcina with the money we have saved we have booked a week at Papa Jolly's in Morjim which I love!
check the last minute deals with Jewel in the Crown anyway and they don't put hefty extra charges on either.

http://www.jewelholidays.com/b/htdocs/index.htm

just done a costing, if I wanted to fly my family (4) out there and have a b&B accomodation it's states £249 each with extra costs £1244 in total for 14 days flying from gatwick.
Neil... you sold out . After all you said about Goa in the Kerala vs Goa thread it goes to show everyone has a price ! It's a shame you are not going to Kerala, but to appreciate it you need to tour the whole state.
Having read your comment about Calangute I was a bit worried ...we are going to Baga ( Goa 1st timers) and I am apprehensive that it might be a bit too commercial.
Incidently, Eclipse offers really good value holidays to Kerala with the benefit of First Choice flights which I think are excellent.
Anyway where ever you are , hope you have a terrific time.
Dave
Dave,

Yep I sold out! Unfortunately due to work commitments I have to really go within 2 weeks or so.

The plus side is that because the holiday is so cheap we have decided to book a week at Morjim and will decide when we are there how we will spend the second... maybe somewhere around Arpora?

Unfortunately I don't have time to really research Kerala but I will be going before the end of the year and next year Thailand for sure!
Neil,
Arpora is were we are going ! Meant to be a bit quieter.
Fingers crossed !
Dave,

Arpora is quiet. If you want quieter get a Taxi for the day up to Morjim, the coast between Morjim and Querim is really beautiful. You are an a good location to explore further North and the Baga Candolim coast.

Send me a message if you need to know anything. I'm more of an explorer than a beach person (love walking).
Neil Sssshhhh :zip
the more you tell them about Morjim, the more people will go.. Love it as it is :tut :lol:
gooner,

Got carried away thinking about it!
Neil
You and me both alike it seems. My wife likes slow cooking but she is also prepared to do lots of walking which we enjoy. I have taken up photography as an hobby, particularly birds ( feathered type) and I believe Baga woods and surrounds are meant to be good. I also fancy a trip out to Bhagvan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary. Have you been, do you know how long it would take to get there ?
Any other wildlife spots you can recommend ?
We also want to take a river trip and I may chance my hand at a spot of sea boat fishing.
Gooner
For adopting that selfish attitude I shall come and look you up with my ghetto blaster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually I'll treat you to a bag of fish and chips or a burger. Aghhhhhh !
that s a good deal. we just booked 3 weeks with mytravel at village royale ( ok we know its not the best but we can move if we hate it ) + extra legroom seats ( £70 each ) for £550 each leaving 18 march, our trip at the beginning of dec last ,we were around £620 for 2 weeks, osborne + extra legroom with monarch. i liked mytravel flight times as we both really really HATE the early start with a lot of the monarch flights when leaving goa just always spoils our last night! :x
Hi,

We have just booked with Jewel in the Crown on their web site for 2 weeks going on the 1st Feb staying at Colonial De Braganza, Calangute for £279. Total with fuel etc is £682 for two adults, flying with Monarch but we are also booking extra leg room £60 each return. Have stayed in hotel before and liked it, great location.

Have also stayed at Village Royale which is OK but a bit out of the way.
Could'nt find any cheap deals so just booked it anyway!! Going on the 19th feb from manchester with first choice staying at the marinha dourada for 2 weeks :fly
Got the higland beach hotel candolim, in november for £550 each from manchester... monarch flight. not good i know.. for two weeks we always pay around £650 mark.. so will put up with the flight. going back to the H.B in 7 week.. this time we are with first choice :D
goa
looking for Nov - what do you like about Highland beach. We have just been to Phoenix park and looking for Nov but don't know where to go so will probably just stick with what we know.
oap Highland beach Resort reviews may be read by Clicking Here

Reviews can also be added by clicking this link :D
We like the separate living area,and the large balcony,a central hotel,with friendly service, had no need to change or try any other hotel.. not had a problem at the hotel, in march it will be are 7th time... getting a bit of a habit... but a nice one :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.