Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
kaz32,

Your options include:

Onur Air
Turkuaz Airlines
Saga Airlines
Sky Airlines
Easyjet
Jet2
Monarch Airlines
Thomas Cook Airlines
Thomson Airways
Turkish Airlines
KTHY Kibris
Pegasus Airlines

So plenty to go at!

Darren
You would do best to have a look at somewhere like http://www.skyscanner.net/, you can then compare prices for all airlines for the whole month.
Thanks i have just had a look, jet2 are the cheapest at £1,145.92 is this a good price for 4 people :)
Hi Kaz,

if you are booking jet2, go on the site and do a dummy booking so go as far as the last page before entering your card details.
Jet2 have quite a few extras and sometimes when you select the type of card you use, c/c payments are around 5-6% with a booking fee so just double check the final cost and compare.

cheers
That is a reasonable price for August, but as Leisurelad says unless you go right through the booking process with some companies there will be extras to pay for.
I think it always pays to go on a package, regardless if separate flight & accommodation is cheaper.
You only have to go back to the volcanic issues and the high percentage of people stranded were people who booked cheap flights etc and then moaned they were not getting help or compensated. :que
It has to be an educated risk though.

I prefer to book DIY than go through a package when I go to Turkey because I get exactly what I want. I know whereabouts I want to stay, which flights I want and that I want a private transfer. Yes there is a risk, but anything over £100 I pay on a credit card for extra insurance, and I take holiday insurance too.

For somewhere new - like our holiday to Goa next Feb - I tend to book a package because I don't really know what I'm getting.

Horses for courses innit.,
Like I say, its better to be safe than sorry ....
Not when you need to save for your holiday :(
I agree with haymans, I would never book a package to turkey, it works out so much cheaper for us to do DIY and we too pay for the flights on credit card and have travel insurance.

We would never get the holiday we want for anywhere near the price of a package so it's worth the risk to me too. Anyway if I got stranded in Turkey it wouldn't cause me too much stress ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.