Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
I would imagine it is the 13th mid-day. Some places let you have a late check out room up to a certain time for a small fee.
Whereabouts are you staying?

Jules
Your night of travel is considered your first night of your holiday in order that you can go straight into it when you arrive be that 02.00 or 07.00, (otherwise you would have to wait until midday)so that means your check out is mid day on the day before you fly, so yes you would do well to ask for a late check out or rent another room.
If your flight lands at 02.30, which it must if you leave at 03.30, check your tickets because it must mean your flight leaves the UK around 21.30 on the 29th August.
Hi

We travel to corfu ..leaving East Midlands at 9.20pm on 27/9/05.arrive 2.15am...on the 28/9/05

We leave to come home at 3.30 arriving back at East Midlands at 4.45am on the 5/10/05

Cannot work it out!!!!!

Dawn
Think it is most likely to be the 2 hour difference in our times, they are two hours ahead of us
pojo
There is a two hour time difference, Greece is 2 hours ahead of the UK, and whe Europe goes back to winter time so do we, so it is always the same.
Your flight is around 3 hours then you put your watch on by 2 hours to get the local time on landing. ( Pilots often give out the wrong information, leaving people having their holidays on a different time zone to everyone else!)
It takes approx one hour to turn the plane round, unload/load luggage, clean and refuel, so it leaves one hour later that it landed.
On your return you take your flyinging time and take off two hours time difference to find your landing time.
All times airlines quote are always local time.
Clear as mud?! :wink:
Louiseloulou,

I don't know if you've managed to sort it out yet, but I presume you're flying out on the Thomson flight from E Mids at 21:20 on Tuesday 30th. When you arrive in the early hours of Wednesday morning, that's counted as your first night, so your last night will be on Monday 12th Sept and your check-out will be at midday on Tuesday 13th.

As your return flight departs at 3:30, your check-in desk should open at 1:30 (note I said SHOULD and not WILL!). So, depending on where you're staying, you'll probably leave your accommodation shortly after midnight and unless you have small children, it shouldn't be necessary to book another night at the hotel, even if they have a room available. If you're on a package holiday, it's more likely that you'll be offered the option of a room to shower and change in after your last day on the beach, which you may have to pay extra for and a communal storage area to leave your bags in until the pick-up time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.