Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
We have ate in The Duke Of Devonshire and they have lovely food aswell as it being a family kind of restaurant, staff are very kind too
Thanks for the reply Tatty
I will defo go there.I have written myself a list of places to eat and drink i will put a tick by the Duke of Devonshire.
Thanks again
Kerrie :wave
Hi all
I hope someone can help me again with more resturants that people have
recommeded.
We are staying at the cala dor playa apartments and dont really know if these places to eat are near or far away. Here goes

1. Scooby doo's

2. Sparkles

3 Yates

4. Barlovento Resturant

5. Dino's

6. Churchhills

Finally The Tropical Gardens

I am so comfused as to where i am going in cala dor as many reviews mention cala ego and other places.Are these all very close to one another?As the reviews where in the cala dor area.

Many thanks to anyone who can shed a little light on all questions for me
A very confused :hmmm
Kerrie
I can strongly suggest the tropical gardens for your entertainment, not sure about the food never ate there.

But on a number of nights we came here for a entertainment it was brilliant.
Thanks for the reply Tatty
Can you remember the prices of drinks (pt and half lager,juices)by any chance??I would be grateful as lots of posts have said it is quite expensive in the tropical gardens.
Also what sort of entertainment is it?(live groups,comedian,quiz)
I hear they have a pool too is this any good for kids? (9-7)

Last but not least when you dine at the harbour is there a dress code(long trousers and shirt for gents and what do the ladies have to wear?) :hmmm :shrug
Dont want to turn up like something the cat dragged in. :oops:

Thanks again tatty
Entertainment: They have live groups, tribute acts, kids bit i think early on in night, disco etc...

Pool: The pool is ok for that age its not the largest but it is a good size!

Drinks: can't remember but will find out for you!

Harbour: No there is no dress code we went in casual stuff they are more expensive than the restaurants in thecentre but they are still reasonable as they food is lovely.

If i think of anything else i will get back to you.
Thanks again Tatty
What would you say is casual?( jeans and t-shirt or shorts) Sorry if i am being a pain but we just dont want to stick out like sore thumbs :oops:
Thanks for all your help Tatty
No your ok i'm gald to help..

Anything really that you could go to a normal restaurant, shorts, t-shirts, etc...
Stop worrying Alsbaby, cala D'Or is fantastic for a family holiday.

If my memory serves me right the C D playa Apts are in the Cala Gran area which is very central. 5 - 10 mins walk to the centre and perhaps 20 - 30 mins walk to the Marina but with loads of bars/restaurants in between.

You'll find you can wear anything in the evening and not feel out of place and children will be welcome in all the restaurants.

Don't worry about finding places to eat before you go, there's so many that you're bound to find loads you like the look of!

Although the Marina is more expensive, it is good to go and see how the other half live!!

I'm sure you'll have a great time - it's fab!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.