France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
why dont you just hire the booster seat,and car seat from the car hire company, it will save you lugging it about.As for the rules im not sure,but better to be safe than sorry!
I agree about hiring the necessary car seats, and make sure that they are correctly fitted into the hire car before leaving the hire company's car park. I think it's just a UK thing, but please note that children under 10 must travel in the rear of the car, and that seat belts MUST be worn by everyone especially children.
Hi anice

I think it is an EU law. With RyanAir the car seat has to go as checked luggage (which you pay for!) and included in the luggage allowance. They carry pram or buggy free of charge but I am sure they will put that in the hold when you board. I think all airlines do that as there is no room for any buggies in the cabin. See link below.

I agree with the other posters, best thing is to hire car seat with your hire car.

Have a nice holiday.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=bag&quest=infantequipment
If you are flying Ryanair and using their website to book a hire car then Hertz will also hire you the correct child seat to go with the age of the child
( just done it ourselves )

Thanks for help everyone - Looked at Hertz website and a booster seat for my son costs less to hire for a week (£7) than checking it in with Ryanair! Looks like an infant or child seat costs about £30 to hire for a week though.

Anice
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.