Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
i seem to remember the rule of thumb is if you pay for a child's seat then you get an allowance, if you don't pay then you don't get the allowance, [different airlines have different ideas]

your more likely to get a definitive answer on airline policy if you ask in the flights forum in the relevant airline thread

wizard
Hi, we have just returned from a holiday to rhodes with thomson/skytours. Our dauhter is 19months old and she got a baggage allowance of 10 kg. We presumed she would get nil but when we got our tickets it stated 10kg allowance for her.....rest :cheers but i think all airlines are different. As the child is 3 then i would presume that she will get the full allowance like other kids. A free child place doesnt mean you dont get any allowance. Why dont you contact tbe travel agent they booked with to confirm.
Cheers justine
justinewhitts wrote:
Hi, we have just returned from a holiday to rhodes with thomson/skytours. Our dauhter is 19months old and she got a baggage allowance of 10 kg. We presumed she would get nil but when we got our tickets it stated 10kg allowance for her.....rest :cheers but i think all airlines are different. As the child is 3 then i would presume that she will get the full allowance like other kids. A free child place doesnt mean you dont get any allowance. Why dont you contact tbe travel agent they booked with to confirm.
Cheers justine

Yes we are flying with Thompson in a few weeks and whilst my wife was on the phone to them sorting an issue with the hotel they informed her that we are due 10 kg for the baby, this is a much welcome bonus :tup

But I am surprised that a child of 3 has none?? they will have there own seat.

Our 10 year old is on a free child space and he gets full allowance.

I would give them a ring, and also would be interested in there reply
Hi
Thanks for the replies.
My daughter rang 1st choice today, they say she is entitled to the full allowance, no explaination why not stated on confirmation.
So all is well :tup
M
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.