Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Lee,
The way they "BREW" their own is not exactly brewing rather more a concotion of White Wine, Apple Juice and soda Water...available in lots of bars in the B/C/C strip. There was at one time a brand of bottle cider available but it didn't seem to be a good seller...a bit too dry.
GFF xx
Gutted, I was hoping the first response was going to be "yeh - its become a massive hit over here and you can even get "westons" and even "Richies" cider here now" but never mind.....sulk

I say I had cider the last time I went but I didn't truly take to it - more the thought of having it more than the taste and combined with the air-conditioned bar it was a hit. It was served in a sealed bottle and was extremely dry as you say and to be fair chose not to have a second...

A chap friend has just returned and told me he'd found a few places but I didn't take the details

If I get no luck I may have to join the Guinness guys and sneak a few in...

Thanks for your reply
Lee you can get cider in most bars now it's called Tempest and is about 8% we've tried it a couple of times and thought there wasn't much flavour to it but a friend of ours had a session on it and swore he would never touch it again, he had the hangover from hell. I think it's an aquired taste.

Debs
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.