Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I don't know the specific prices for JPS red but cigs here are more expensive than in Spain. For example 200 B&H were €35.50 last week. Most international brands are around the €35 mark.
Boon, Lamberts were €33.50 in the Algarve last week and €29.50 in Spain. I believe JPS red were €22 in Spain. Golden Virginia is around €10 dearer in the Algarve (€45 in Spain).
I had a car and nipped into Spain for a day and saved well over £100 and had a great day in Ayamonte, well worth a visit if you have a car.
If you haven't got a car, or don't fancy the trip to Spain (around 50 mins) from Albufeira, then the airport prices are the same as in the resorts.

Robby :wink:
hi robby can u go on a bus or train to spain for the day and how much is it thanks boon
are them prices euro or pounds ta
The prices are in Euros (€'s). I would imagine that there would be trips to Vila Real. You can get a ferry from there across the river into Ayamonte. Vila Real is also worth a visit. I personally like the area, it's a little different and is more traditional than the "holiday" resorts.
Sorry, I'm not sure about the trains, though there is a train from Faro to Vila Real.

robbyw. Do you have any directions or location of the tobacos you went to in Ayamonte.It will save me time driving around searching.
There is one right on the front which is normally well stocked up. If you are driving in from Portugal, follow the route past the bus station into the harbour area and the ciggie shop can be seen on your right. Another one can be found just behind the main street which is pretty popular with the "Brits".
Ciggies aside, Ayamonte is well worth a visit.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.