Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Mine has to be the one i had in my room at the Silver Sands, lol, :rofl :rofl after going to newtons buying some bleach, toilet cleaner and freshner, nice soft toilet roll, placing my ipod next to me, it was heaven siting relaxing in a clean,fresh smelling toilet listening to my favourite tunes whilst contemplating what my next venture would be in goa. Also the toilets in their beach shack Ceu Mar are new, so they are really nice.
have got to be the oriental in the mira hotel
Bono's beach shack in Candloim are deffo one of the best but we have all paid for them because he is way over the top on his prices ...colleen
For me its Mollys although the fish that were there a few years ago are gone
Ive got to agree with aarond...Cato Loco have to be the best...just a pity theres always a queue behind me when I go ;)
:yikes Paul did Molly malones have fish in their toilets at one time :yikes colleen
IC when they first opened they certainly had goldfish in the Gents, cant say I was ever drunk enough to venture into the Ladies. Needless to say they weren't actually in the toilet bowl but in a bowl next to the sinks.
I always have a little giggle if I have to visit the boy's room in the arrivals hall at Dabolim Airport.
The toilet wallah stands there with a couple of sheets of toilet paper in his hand, expectantly hoping to get a tip. :duh

I have a good tip for him - put some rolls of loo paper in the booths. :rofl

Sorry slightly :offtop
Nice one Max.Always make sure I go before we land.

Papa
As a newbie in 1999 I ventured into the ladies at Dabolim. What a shock! There was a hole in the floor near the loo which smelt like it was an open sewer. :yuck As Max said, I was offered the 2 pieces of loo paper before entering the cubicle then had a debate with myself whether to use it to clean the seat or otherwise...... :que I was then given another 2 pieces for drying my hands when I came out. The lady put her hand out and in her expectant palm was a £1 coin so I quickly guessed she wanted a £1 tip (sharp as a knife me!!!!!!!) and I still can't believe what I did next .........I actually gave her a £1 tip :really (not so sharp now eh!!!!!!!!). Just goes to show how you get caught out when you are a newbie ................and in shock!!!!!!!!!!!

Never been caught since though. :rofl :tup Fizz
hi
had to laugh when i saw this thread as i become consumed with toilets when i`m there,my favourite bar is the mayonna bar but the toilets are so bad that i try not to drink when were there,but the best toilets by far are in Nicks place near the MD,they were a real talking point,spotless,had everything in them ,deodrant,cologne,mossie spray,hair spray,to name a few,and the best pina colada
Debs - must be heaven - having a pina colada in the toilet. :rofl
Bono's are the best - yes you do pay more in his shack but its worth it for the nice clean toilets. Also, whenever we go into Panjim we always call at the Mandovi Palace for a drink and use their nice clean toilets.
Angel Heart beach shack on baga strip has cleanest on the beach :wave:
think I once posted before re toilets in Phoenix park, where I broke the cistern in two rooms, then proceeded to do the same at Dabolim on the way home.
Noticed there is usually a queue behind me when I leave, can't think why!

dare we have a worst toilet thread, or is that just too yeuch!
Don't know about the cleanest or dirtiest but the most surprising was at Amigos (at Nerul bridge) really expected them to be dire but were in fact fairly presentable.

got to wonder Night nurse.......I-pod in the loo?
listening to Handels water music , no doubt!
  • Edited by del949 2010-01-31 00:02:06
After 7 restaurant have nice loos.
Bono's Shack and Lawrencio's Shack in Candolim have excellent toilets too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.