Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Malta does have alot of the cleanest waters in the Med because there is no massive industry close by unlike along the coasts of Spain, Italy and France.

There was a leak in one old sewerage pipe which wasn't on the current drainage plans. This was at Balluta bay which really isn't a classic swimming area being located in a very built up area. There were a couple of occasions over the last couple of months when this occurred but now it's been solved.

I haven't heard anything similar on any other part of the islands in recent times.
cleanest water in the med is hardly a tough competition.....
yeah but there are those on this forum who are ill informed that prefer the non-culture of places like Majorca and the Canaries who want to criticise Malta for their own agenda.

All I know is that Malta is unique in the Mediterranean being the only island to make a remarkable job of running a country without the support of a rich mainland.

That's what makes it so special and as many others say the real 'jewel' of the Med :)
Agee totally o/m today is independance day in Malta something the Maltese people are very proud of. I cant really understand why they wanted to join europe but it has helped to improve a lot of the transport links.
joining the EU has really helped on environmental issues:

it may well save Ta Cenc from development, plus lead to the banning on trapping and possibly shooting of birds throughout the Maltese Islands.
Hello Openminded, some people like to travel to other islands not forgetting Portugal/Berlin and Rome and yes I will be in Mallorca in two weeks and Tenerife at the new year, and if you count Lanzarote last new year, you will see I get about a bit. Last summer we gave Malta another try after a bad New years holiday the year before, I only go for its history have you ever walked the Cotonera just to see the Bastions and old gate ways in 40deg in full sun, I have put on this forum before how much I enjoy going to see were the Knight made history, but I don't like the way Malta has gone since I first visited back in 1992 the place is being left to fall to bits.
So as for them being unique, well what about the Knights/ the British and of course the EU, did they not put anything into the island then?

http://www.timesofmalta.com/core/article.php?id=275043

Dave
the e.u. has prompted much change to Malta as to the introduction over the last four or five years of hundreds of sets of traffic lights, plenty of new road development, vrt tests for cars, etc. even speed cameras, although a very few at the moment, these things alone have taken a lot of the old fashioned charm away. the absolute peach was to change the roundabout law, lethal. :lol:
Yes Malta is changing and the transport infrastructure is improving with the help of EU funding. However the people will always be unique. Incidently the speed camera that is located on Xemxija Hill is no longer working and has been covered up. Someone shot it :rofl
Hello m&n, that has got to be the funnyest thing I have seen on this site for a long time, so there is at least one good Hunter about in Malta.
Dave :rofl :rofl :rofl
why do you think there are no speed cameras in Gozo...........
Is there a road long enough on gozo to speed on. :?: I am thinking of going over to gozo to look for a summer residence, any areas to recommend for a search. Would like a nice quiet location with good sea views.
Qala is probably suitable
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.