Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Water
11 Posts
Whilst we buy bottled for drinking when out never had a problem in six years of holidaying there.

Enjoy yourself - we will come October.

fwh
the Mains water is safe to drink but may cause the odd upset due to much higher metallic compounds in its structure , if in doubt use bottled [its cheap enough from a local supermarket]

yasus
wizard
As Wizard says the water is safe to drink but as it's different to here, short term use may cause an upset. Those who live there can get used to it after drinking it long term. Never had a problem at all there though and certainly ok to brush teeth and have ice in drinks, we just use bottled from the supermarkets (cheaper just as good as the more 'expensive' brands!)

Have a good holiday :-P
Thank you for all your replies, looking forward to going back :tongue
If the tap is fed straight from the mains it's as safe as houses.
If it is from a tank you have no idea the water has been static and ought to be avoided.

I've been drinking Cyprus tap water whilst on me jollies for 20 years and I'm still alive to tell the tale.
There are plenty of ex-pats living there who will tell you the same.
Yep! Been drinking it everyday for almost 6yrs....

I live in Limassol.

May have a slightly different taste but it's perfectly safe to drink. Saying that, my parents always buy bottled water when they are here as you cannot drink the water in hotel rooms (or that's what the signs usually say). We collected 6 x 1 litre bottles for them from Global Discount supermarket last month at a total cost of €1.71 (an old Cyprus pound).

CwB
I live here and wont drink the tap water and dont know anyone that will, and that includes Cypriots.

I use it for brushing teeth but other than that its bottled water for me.
Have you got shares in Agios Nikolaos?
I wish.

I would be loaded then lol.
We have always drank the tap water, with no problems, but I knew it was coming from the mains and not a tank, where it might have been lying for a long time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.