Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
The last time we went (Jan 2009) the Peso was definitely the currecy to take. A taxi from Playacar into Playa del Carmen was either 50 peso or 5 dollars. At that time 50 pesos was about £2.50 but 5 dollars was about £3.50. The shop exchange rate was also about 10 (or 11 if you were lucky) pesos to the dollar when in reality it should have been around 14 so something which was priced at 100 pesos cost 10 dollars instead of about 8 dollars.

Currently 5 dollars is £3.25 and 50 pesos is £2.49

My wife uses Clinique stuff and the exchange rate is similar now to when we last went and she found it very cheap as well so I would expect that it still is :tup

Have a great time.

Cheers

Keith
I am going on Friday and a big fan of Clinique too. I will have a look and report back when we get home. Are you staying in Cancun itself or Playa/Playacar? We are staying in both so if you let me know which one I will take a look. HTH
Denny
Thanks for the replies.

We are staying in Rui Caribe in Cancun itself. Stayed there last time too. We used to get the bus along to the La Isla (?) shopping mall and there was a shop in there that sold perfumes, make up , clinique etc. I hope it's still there :)
I'll order my peso's this weekend in plenty of time.

Denny... are you flying from Glasgow? My in laws are also flying out on the 3rd September to Cancun from Glasgow. They are staying at the Riu Caribe aswell for the fortnight.

Have a great time :)
The store that sells the Clinique is Liverpool, (there is one on 5th Ave in Playa and one at La Isla in Cancun)the prices were a little cheaper than at home.
We flew from Manchester on the 3rd and stayed at the Royal Playa del Carmen FABULOUS!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.