Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
You can buy any kind of clothing you want made to measure at a fraction of the UK price.

You can take cloths to be copied or pictures, take pages from catalogues or design your own, there are hundreds of tailors and a lady can soon be found to take your measurements and that of your little girl.

lez
Be very careful who you get to make your clothes - only go on recommendation - I can personally vouch for c*** clothes made in Goa.
There are lots of holiday type clothes sold in Calangute for men, women and children but bring your own swimwear, not wraps but bikini or swimsuit as you may find, depending on your size, that they are on the small side. Plenty of shorts, tops, trousers for everybody and if your boy likes football shirts there is a shop on the High Street in Calangute which sells nothing else.
There are Nike, Lacost, Wrangler and Adidas shops in Calangute but if you go into Panjim you will find a larger selection of shops with better quality clothes and cheaper. Mapusa has some good stall on the market but don't go on a Friday (they tout it as Market Day) but the market is there everyday.
Bata shoes sells sandals and shoes and if you want Indian "sparkly" ones they come is sizes to fit children and adults.
The 2 Saturday night markets sell lots of clothes - lots aimed at European tourists with European prices to match but generally the clothes are cheap.
175rps - just over £2 for a pair of thin cotton trousers and 3/4 thicker ones are about £3.
Just a little note - if you wear glasses bring your prescription with you as glasses are cheaper in Goa - not Calangute - try Mapusa or Panjim - as they are now charging almost SpecSaver prices there.
Enjoy your holiday and take an almost empty case. :lol:
lez and nariel

thanks for info, is fabric traditional indian or can you get more english style, also when you say get pictures do you mean out of uk magazines? At least you say they have fashion shops as well are these cheaper than uk
do you know of any good tailors or seamstress
thanks a lot
I found Mac the best tailors he has shops in a few hotels the Magnum in Candolim being one. they make enything up.

you can take any sort of picture/photo/drawing and choose your own meteral.

that should keep your young designer happy for a while :lol:

lez
If you like polyester you will be ok in Goa!!!
Cotton and man made fabrics are everywhere. Be careful if you want silk as some tailors tell you it is silk but it is polyester. There are some good material shops in Mapusa - at the side of the market - who have some nice material - better than the tailors in Calangute and Candolim will show you. If you have something in mind look for some material in the UK - it will be more expensive but at least it will be something you like - they will make it up for you in Goa.
The Nike shops etc are cheaper than in the UK and you can also get t-shirt copies from the sellers on the beach which are ok.
I also have leather jackets and skirts made in Goa at a fraction of the price in the UK and handbag copies are cheap.
I now have my clothes made by a family friend who lives quite a way from Calangute and am keeping her a secret or the price will go up if she gets too many customers. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.