Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We went June/July 07 and had booked a twin3 superior room. We arrived about 4am to be shown to a room that I can only describe as a dungeon. It was on the ground floor in the complex near the beach(not the one across the road). As you head towards the main reception it was in the area which is above the indoor pool.I questioned the fact that it was a superior room and was told - yes lady our finest!
We were exhausted so slept, unfortunately the following night we were no so lucky. We were above the washing machines, they rotate every 45 secs and you can hear them grunt and clonk. :(
After 3 nights we were moved into a room near the bar overlooking the pools and sea. It was a double, light airy and breezy and not much smaller than the dungeon but we did not need the lights on during the day. I had taken my bedding to reception after being told we could not move and after hearing me snore like a stuck pig for a couple of hours we were moved.My husband wears ear plugs and could hear the washing machines above my snoring which tells you how loud they were.
Ok grumble over - the complex near the sea I thought was better, adult pool, kids pool and straight onto beach.
The other complex is older and has a large pool with one of those rainbow slides. It is noisier. It is also the place to be for afternoon tea or ice cream. For some reason it is the only place to get ice cream as part of the A.I.
We liked the hotel, I would go back. Superior rooms were 2 twins pushed together and a sofa bed. The beds in the superior were very low divans so with my dodgey back in order to get out I had to drop, roll then crawl.
Bodrum is a dolmus ride away.
Hubby has just said do I remember getting pelted with fish as I lay on the sun bed! :rofl the forest fires meant they were picking water up from the sea and as they flew over Jonah here copped the stragglers!
Hi Glynis

Yes I think it is the same hotel ;)

Just thought it would be ok to open a site to have a chat about it as all the reviews are a little dated, hope I haven't offended by opening one on the forum ;)

Nia
Hi

Just had a look at 2 new reviews on another site and they are fabulous. :tongue

So looking forward to going now. :sun2

Nia x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.