Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
thanks briar all good news so far then! i'm now torn between returning to turkey or trying crete!
Hi there, to all concerned about Izer Beach. My partner and I stayed there at the start of October 2007 for 2 weeks all inclusive, it was honestly the worst holiday we have ever had, yes as you have probably read elsewhere the staff are very nice, the resort is clean, but the food is edible but only if you want the same stuff day in day out...I could not believe that they would serve the same food everyday, we were sick to the back teeth of it and quite honestly wanted to come home after 3 days. as an all inclusive resort the alcoholic drinks that were free were the local beer ( drinkable ) local vodka, local whiskey type drink, and gin...that was it...soft drinks were the usual coca cola company drinks but in tiny small plastic glasses during the day where you really would like a larger drink. No Fresh juice on the whole resort, all fruit juices were of the squash type and super concentrated it made you sick. The swimming pools were freezing ( the sea was warmer ) the kebab resteraunt was closed as it was the end of the season although officially the end of season was the end of October but they seem to just say enough is enough lets close down things. The fish resteraunt was closed too, the rooftop bar was closed. That only left the poolside bar, which served almost edible food and the main restaurant. Ice cream was only served Mon-Wed and Fri between 3pm and 4pm. The poolside bar becomes the italian restaurant at night but you could only vist once per stay, it was actually the best food in the place. If you want somewhere nice to eat there is a nice wee restaurant outside the gate that even does Heinz baked beans what a luxury trust me. The beach was basically okay but getting into the sea was a nightmare due to the huge boulders that were just under the top of the sea, you will need stiff beach shoes to enter the sea. And to top it all off my partner was attacked sexually in the resorts fitness centre by one of the staff who we paid to massage her, he physically bit her lip. so Beware, personally I would not go to this resort again and would recommend that it is removed from the holiday brouchures.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.