Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
ive been looking at letoonia too for oct, still not decided which hotel lol , ive had a few prices

found these the cheapest prices

http://www.quickrooms.com/results.asp

http://www.findmeaccom.com/scripts/TDBkgEngine.dll/Startup?utm_id=
I have booked to stay at Club Letoonia in August - we have heard some really good things about it and it was actually recommended to us by our travel agent.

Sharrie
Hi all who are thinking of letoonia,went there 4 years ago had a fantastic time!! one of the best all inclusives we have been on,the rooms are chalet
style with an upper level which we used, and the kids had the lower level to themselves(family rooms) there are various resturants one of which is at the end of the peninsula above the disco which faces out to sea so you are not bombarded with noise even if your room is nearby,food as usual gets a bit repetative after two weeks)there are also quiet pools and family pools ,the entertainment was some of the best we have seen as it comprises of about 40 russian students who work there all season!! who in our opinion worked really hard to entertain us all held in an open air amphitheatre, which by the way gets realy hot as they played to packed houses every night (get there early) if anybody goes, get involved with sumo (you wil understand why we called him that when you see him)one of the entertainment team who organises darts etc(take him some new darts) friend for life!!and what a laugh,(but dont loose or you have to belly dance)lol, beach is man made and narrow but water sports are ok , letoonia is the whole peninsula so they have a mini train to take you around, and when you arrive takes you and your luggage to your room,not suitable for disabled or infirm as loads of steps to higher rooms (unless you stipulate a lower level room!!)and make sure you get one before you arrive!!clientel was predominately russian not german!! but all the kids soon made loads of friends some of which keep in touch online even today!!hot tip is to tip the first barman you meet and ask for the baileys(which is stashed under the counter)!! as international drinks are scarce after a while as is usual at all inc hotels.( I cannot stipulate enough that we went4 years ago and a lot may have changed by now so dont quote me on our experience please!!)we still get xmas cards to this day so they like to get people to return which is a nice gesture!!hope if you decide to go that its as good as it was when we went
reg
chris
Hi kim evans ,hillside was on next peninsula to latoonia and we heard a lot quieter and more exclusive(and expensive) but looked a lovely place tho. If you get the coach transfare i hope you meet the lady from liverpool who does the coach run as she is great and sprays you with refreshing coolant stuff!!she is a mine of info as she lives there permenantly now,fethiye is a great little town and has one of the best markets we have been to tho didnt go into town much cos the kids were younger then,and the entertainment at latoonia was so good
hope this helps
chris
Hi, many thanks for your replies. I hope it hasnt changed much then in four years!! It certainly looks fab in the brochure, but great to hear you had a good time.

If anyone else has been more recently please let me know.

Ta :lol:
Flying out to Letoonia tonight for second visit to the resort, as we were there in 2002. Sisters already there and says its brilliant. will let you know of my opinion on my return.
Eddy.
Went last year - please see my review - not a problem at all at resort.
Thanks for all the feedback. :D

I think I should go to Letoonia first, then Hillside after. As I think Hillside will be the best & if you go to the best first, then it kinda spoils you for anything else. :sun

Thanks
Kim
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.