Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
:D WE ( 2 adults 2 boys 9 + 12 ) went in june '03.
FANTASTIC!
We had agreat time, its a huge place, very well looked after. Staff are friendly, helpful and not to pushy. There is always something going on. Food is excellent, choice every night its vast and appetising. Cannot rate this place highly enough. The trip from the airport was abit hairy across the mountains and you do feel like you're going to the end of the world....but its well worth the journey.
They run a free boat every half an hour from the hotels private jetty to Fethiye, a great place for a walk around, very hot though.
Visited the turkish delight factory.....what a treat, came home with LOADS!
You will have a great time at this place and i would HIGHLY RECOMMEND it to every one!!!!
*************** :D :D :D :D
Awww thanks for that Rosie, my sister is looking after our son for a week while we go and it will be the first time we've been on holiday alone for 12 years so I'm really looking forward to it.

Bev B :)
hi ya i went to the club letoonia in may and am goin back in september its the best place to go and relax but has loads of pub and they have a animation team who do games all day and do shows at night they have a very good disco at night and when they have the beach party make sure u go it wicked..food is amazing and loads of it...it is a bit of a walk if u are in the appartments and not in the hotel but they do have a little truck kind of thing that comes every 15 minutes so you can get on that...the turkish bath and sauna and steam are great but you do have to pay for massage though...dont worry about a thing you will be very well looked after....
There are reviews on this hotel Here

luci :D
We were at this resort 2 weeks ago. It was probably the best holiday we have ever had. The grounds are stunning, a wide variety of plants, trees, palms etc all beautifully maintained by an army of gardeners. The accommodation is dotted around the resort which sits on a peninsula with fantastic views of the surrounding mountains and islands. As already stated in previous posts, food is great, 3 buffet restaurants providing a massive choice of well cooked and presented dishes, plenty to please all tastes, even our fussy teenagers! Also 3 a la carte restaurants available - the turkish one was excellent. The staff work very hard, nothing seems to be too much trouble for them. Your holiday here can be as active or as relaxing as you like, there is something for everyone. We will be going back to Letoonia again it really is a great place for a holiday.

NB. The shuttle boat runs hourly, not half hourly as stated in post above.
Going to Club Letoonia in May 2005 on an AI basis. The web site and brochures indicate the AI also includes "International Brands" at the bar - what does this mean/include? Can I look forward to pints of cold Guinness? :D
Also a number of replies to various questions in the Turkey section have suggested not taking too much Turkish Lira - just enough for the first couple of days - and then using British Pounds for a better rate. By how much can I expect to be better off by taking a wallet full of English £££s?
:lol: Hi we are also going to club letoonia on may 16th.I think you'll find that guiness won't be included in the all inclusive but drinks like barcardi, malibu archers etc will be.The beer they normally have is efs which is nice.I would definitly take mostly english currency as the turkish people usually give you a better deal though you probably won't need to much as most things are included in the price of the holiday.There is a weekly market in Fethiye which is massive and there are plenty of bargins to be had. It is also much cheaper to book trips locally.Might see you there soon we will be the noisy ten all in our forties and will probably be joining in with all the activities
Bye Joanne :wave
Thanks Joanne
We get there on the 20th and hopefully we shall share some international brands before you go home :D I will keep my eyes and ears open for your gang :!: You will probably hear me running round after my son shouting his name - "Thomas, Thomas". I cannot wait.
Beer is called Efes and its lovely, but dont be drinking tuborg because that is a little less desirable (infact its awful). I dont remember seeing Guiness or any bitters/international lagers on tap anywhere in the places ive been (Side, Bodrum, Gumbet) However the shops do have cans of guniness/boddingtons (but i wouldnt like to think how long they have been sat there!) there are plenty of internation lagers to be bought in the shops and bars in bottles
:D
Going to Club Letoonia 6th May. A few questions

What is the dress code for the evening in the restaurants, both al la carte and buffet? Long trousers for Men, dresses for women etc.

How warm will it be in the day?

According to the brocurhes it staes tehre are no buses that go near the complex, Can you get a Dolmus?
made a mistake on this one :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
welcome to HT stubble :D have a look here at their website :D

http://www.letoonia.com/

it looks a lovely hotel.. :D
:lol: Hi, 10 of us are going there on the 16th may we have been to Turkey several times and usually the dress code isn't that strict, long trousers and tops with sleeves is the norm though a lot of people still do where shorts.
You may find it maybe a little cool in the evening so a cardigan is recommended. As to getting around from the resort there is a boat that takes you to Fethiye or ther are taxis. Hope you have a good holiday we can't wait the pictures on the website look amazing.
Bye Joanne :wave
Thanks for the info. we have looked at the pictures on the Letoonia site it looks really great :lol:

Cant wait
There was a post on this hotel last year.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6534&highlight=letoonia

One of our members, BEV B, has been. Why not pm her. I'm sure she'll tell you all about it.

Bridd
I am going to Club Latoonia 16th may for 2 weeks and also 19th September for 2 weeks.........see you there

Jean :D :D :D :D :D
I would say the international brands of beer that you can drink safely in Turkey are Heineken, Budweiser, Carlsberg, Becks, Miller and Corona.. You would not find any of these on tap though, except for Carlsberg, only cans and bottles.
  • Edited by hayal 2005-04-04 07:47:53
We are staying at Hotel Letoonia, flying out on May 15. This is our first trip to Turkey and are staying on an all inclusive basis. There are 9 of us and we are all looking forward to our first time in Turkey. Just a few questions, any help would be appreciated:

Is there plenty for kids to do? I'd hate my 6 year old to get bored! :roll:
What time do the bars shut, we arrive late and the blokes will want a pint!
Whats the food like? Any recommendations?
Can my mother in law get her dose of vodka readily?
Lastly, are there any do and don'ts?

Thanks for your time :thanks
Have you looked at their website http://www.letoonia.com it list all the thing for adult and kids to do and the list is endless even the water sports are free.As for your Hubby getting his pint their is one bar which is open 24hours so you won't be going thirsty. We are going out there on the 16th May there are 10 of us all together and we can't .

Might bump into you there you'll certainly notice are crowd as we like to join in with everthing and have a good time. :wave Joanne
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.