Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi cboumbe

We returned just 2 weeks ago from the orka and just one word sums up the hotel FANTASTIC the staff are amazing thay can't do enough for you, a really great bunch of guys and girls Hagi Deniz Billy Sayet Haken bar staff and Gulsen on reception amazing they can't do enough for you.
We stayed in the villa's they where spotless and very large.
The hotel was busy when we went but never felt over crowded, the complex itself was very big and spaced out.
The resturant was very good a long with the entertainment, mainly done by the bar staff, if you happen to see the show with the bar guys performing different scripts the black and red dress is mine!!!!!!!!!!!
Even if Hisaronuo is quiet (it's a 2 minute dolmus ride from outside the hotel and costs 1000000 each) i'm sure the guys will entertain you.

You will have a fantastic holiday there we have booked again for next year.
This was our first time to Turkey and loved every minute of it
Very jealous of you!!!!
If you would like anymore info let me know as i could go on forever about the Orka

Cheers
Mandy
mandy

thanx alot for your reply, it has reassured a bit more now, ive not read any bad reviews about this hotel and am really looking forward to going.
Did you venture out and about alot, is hisaronu in walking distance?.
did you go to any of the beaches nearby, if so which one is best, im a pool person but my lady likes to lie on the beach :roll: . I think we are staying in the hotel so any info on that would be a plus

thanx alot

cbcoumbe :)
Hi sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you but had problems with the computer.

We never walked into the village as the dolmus stopped right out side the hotel, just pop out a hand and they stop, if they are full they will flash their lights at you and another will be along in a few mins, theres also a taxi rank 30 seconds to your left as you come out of the hotel.

Beaches we only managed Oul deniz as we prefer pools, it was lovely but very hot.

The hotel it self is very close to the main bar so not too many steps.

Treat your wife to a Turkish bath and massage whilst you are there it was fantastic it cost £29 but was well worth it, 3 hours of pampering heaven!

We are back there for a week in May and two weeks in August, we have never gone back to the same place twice, Says it all really.

If you would like me to send any photos to you direct let me know.

Have a great time
Mandy
hi
Just to say have a great holiday.
Aparently the weather is still hot during the day so slap on the sunscreen.
Very envious, but only 8 months until we are back there!!!!!!!!
Enjoy
Mandy
thanx again for your help, sorry ive not replied but i am just back at work after having my appendix removed, bit of a shock but hopefully should be ok for holiday next friday really looking forward to it just need to take it easy :D
Hi cdcoumbe

Just wondering how the holiday was at the Orka, hope it was a good one after the op.
Let me know

Mandy
hi there mandy,

I would love to tell you that the holiday was a complete success but im afraid i can't because we never actually made it out of the uk. :( . the day before we left it was my wifes turn to be taken into hospital after collapsing at work. so to cut a really long story short. holiday was cancelled, we got a refund from insurers and hopefully try again next year, sorry i have no good stories for you, but I expect it would have been great.
thanx,chris
Im fine now thanx although the other half is off work until xmas, so we are not going to book anything until next year now but hopefully it will be to turkey because ive never been and was looking forward to it.
Hi
I'm so sorry to hear that you never made it. I hope the both of you are recovering well and feeling much better.

A speedy recovery to you both

Mandy :(
Thankyou both for your kind words, hopefully everything will be fine after xmas and we will try to get away somerwhere then

Thanx again
chris
anybody know what the kids clubs is like this year, i know hotel run kids clubs differ from year to year. going in june so anyone going before then if you could let me know that would be great, also anything you might think useful to know about the hotel, been to the area a few times before but never to this hotel we are staying in the hotel rooms.we are a couple, grandad, and 3 kids aged 10,6 and 7 thanks
stayed at orka last september in the villas,hope your hotel room is not facing the bar area as it gets very loud until all hours. The Orka is very clean and well maintained swimming pools are brilliant one has a big slide .it is about a 20 minute walk into hisaronu but there is a taxi rank right outside hotel and the dolmus stops outside.all in all a nice hotel
Hi

Myself and my sis stayed in a villa last September, no complaints, fab holiday. Just email before you go and ask for a peaceful villa away from the bar area, we did and sure enough we got one no problems. I have to say the whole place is beautiful, the gardens are wonderful and the staff are first class. The villas are perfect, nicely set out and plenty of room. We had a peep at the hotel rooms, they are really modern and clean. All in all one of the best holidays I have had in Turkey.

Chazy
Click Here for our reviews of this hotel. Also if you have stayed here and not yet written your review, please do so via the same link. Many thanks.
anyone stayed here this year and know what kind of entertainment they have for kids as in clubs/ games rooms ? also any good or bad points
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.