Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Beers - Superbock and Sagres are the biggest brands, both reasonable.

Cocktails - cheaper generally across the Algarve than the uk, except for expensive bars overlooking marina's.
One more reasonable than the other !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Which one would that be then......... :rofl
Pat
:glynis
Errrmm..... it begins with 'S'. :rofl
Ah that would be Stones then :)
AHAHAH Mad Mick just the small detail that Stones is not portuguese:-) I prefer Cristal nice portuguese beer:-)
There is or was a bar on the strip called Cheers and their coctails are really good and at a good price :glynis
Me too Luis, love Cristal, wish i could find it on draught, even the local bars in our village only sell it in bottles , they do sell Sagres though on draught, both beers very cheap compared to resort bars. Cheers Jayjan
Hi Jayjan it is hard to find Cristal on Draught i only seen it on a few cafes and thats it,a bottle of either Sagres Cristal or Super Bock at my local is 50 cents just short of a pint glass:-)
Hi Luis its around the same price as we pay, 50 or 60 cents a bottle, big difference in price to the resort bars. Cheers Jayjan
Hi Jayjan yes you can see how much profit the resort bars make really...
In fairness to them,though,we should bear in mind the fact that a lot of these places only have a three month window of opportunity to make enough money to see them through a full year.
Don't mis-understand me - I think cheap beer is a wonderful thing :D which should be encouraged whenever possible :glynis - but I'm just trying to point out the economic realities.
The thing to remember is........it's still cheaper than in the UK.....and some may say even better beer..... am I right , Sagres?????? :rofl
Pat
Of course it's cheaper than in Rip-Off U.K. - but,there again, isn't everything ? :) ......As for quality,I'm not getting drawn into that debate !!! :lol: :glynis
Sagres or no Sagres that is the question hahaha but the monte velho should still be available as an emergency Cheers Jayjan
Life without Sagres???????????????? :rofl
Pat
Can I buy Sagres or the other local beer in a supermarket in the UK? I want to get in the mood for my summer hols!

:lol: :pele
Yes, I get my bottles of Super Bock from Tescos or Asda. A lot dearer than over there but worth it.
Yep, bought Superbock in bottles at Asda last week. Pity you cant get Cristal as that's my fave. Sagres is readily available also in some supermarkets.

Neither tastes quite the same as when you are there though :cry:

Enjoy

Lummie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.