Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Lucie

You'll find reviews HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
Hi

Ive not been recently but my sister in law has........I went a few years agp and have now visited many of the carib.islands-this is the best and is absolutely beautiful!

Coco Bay is quiet, beautiful and so romantic-true picture postcard! Glorious white sand, stunning aqua waters and fabulous people. My sis in law returned in June-and its not changed! Oh and the catamaran around the island is great (even if I did get travel sick it was one of the best trips Ive done)!

Have a fantastic time, congratulations on your forthcoming wedding-I recommend that too!
Lucie,
I have been to Cocobay twice. I have been to many upmarket resorts in Barbados etc and been to nearly every Caribbean island going. Antigua and Cocobay is the best location I have been to and the Hotel is just lovely. The rooms are so much nicer than most hotel rooms, not for their decor but just for the very fact that you do not feel shut in with the air con on. You wake up in the morning sit up and look out to the most amazing view across turquoise sea. We had a seaview Cottage right at the front, cottage no 3 and it was a great location and so it may be worth e-mailing them and requesting 2'3'4.It is very quiet but we have had some real ad lib nights with guests taking over and arranging "nights" like Salsa dancing lessons and these were better than the organised entertainment. The food is great because Nigel the main chef is English and is really good. Thers no Burger and chips type meals but what you get is so tasty. You will also find lots of couples there on Honeymoon.
Please ask if you want to know anymore.
Sue
thanks so much to the both of you for replying to me. i am so excited now i cant wait im really glad i booked this accomodation. i just hope the weather will be o.k. as we are going in september and that is still hurricaine season.
thanks once again
Hi,

Me and my wife are off to Cocobay in Antigua in september, i have never been to the Caribbean before so i have some questions if anyone can help!
Has anyone been to Cocobay before? It says on their website there is a dress code on an evening of "long pants and a collared shirt" - What sort of things are acceptable? Are jeans ok? polo shirts? stuff like that? or is it all proper trousers etc... We went to the maldives last year and was told there was a dress code there, but when we arrived you went everywhere barefoot with shorts and had to wear a t-shirt in the restaurant and bar at night. I don't want to take loads of stuff if i don't have to! I have contacted Cocobay direct but havent had a reply yet.

Whats the score with plug sockets and stuff? are they on UK sockets? Do i need to take a plug in mozzie repellant?

I have read all about the weather and i realise september isn't the best time of year to go, but whats it like realistically? I went to the Maldives last september which was again the wrong time of year but it was still nearly 40 degrees during the day and very hot in the night - although we did get all the rain at night.

Anything else i need to know about the island in general? I did learn one thing from going long haul to the Maldives last year and thats go with a decent airline - I'm told BMI are ok so we are flying with them this time
Merged with existing topic.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.