Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
http://www.kontesbeachhotel.com/

Doruk Hotel and Apartments e-mail,
dorukotel@hotmail.com

Elif Hotel.
Blue Rainbow Hotel
Captain Silver Aparts,5 mins from beach,contact below
http://www.icmeleronline.com/

Gene
Hello there,

I went to icmeler years ago and all I can tell you is that it is in a great location right on the beach.

:offtop I have just booked our first family holiday and we are going to the Golmar Beach. How was it? I am nervous as our first trip abroad as a family but really really excited. Are the rooms ok? Are they big enough for 2 adults and a 3 year old. I am just wondering how the beds will go that's all. We are going in Aug 09 so a while yet!

I hope someone can respond more than I can. Sorry I just generated question. :whoops

ruth :whoops
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/turkey/dalaman-region/icmeler/golmar-beach-hotel/

Here are some reviews on the Golmar.
Its right on the seafront near three great bar/Restaurents,
Liberty.
deniz Kapisi.
Harmony Showbar
You will have an excellant time just browse the reviews.

Gene
Hi

I wouldnt bother with Coco if I were you. I was there in June and this hotel wasnt even open to guests. The owner was even showering on the beach in front of the hotel, there wasnt any hot water in any of the rooms. Why dont you try Kontes, that is right on the beach next door to Coco. Very nice hotel. Stayed there in June. It gets quite busy for bookings though.
I looked over this hotel in Oct.06 and was quite imprssed with the rooms, they were nicely decorated and had lovely views of the bay from the large terrace,

I do not think they wuld be suitable for children, more for couples,

We would have gone there the following June but it was fully booked for a big wedding party.

I think it is booked direct and on a BB basis and this invluded English breakfast.

BarbH
Cheers for all your replies!

As for the Golmar, we, as I said went sans kids so weren't as bothered for just us. The room was modern with a beautiful view, the staff were very nice but not intrusive and spoke great english. The pool was too hot and we were on the beach every day with its lovely breeze and waiter service, we'd be going back this year if Ahmet was still there but I'm sure his junior will be just efficient at bringing freezing drinks and homemade pizza right to your sunlounger!!! Make sure you have a massage downstairs in the hotel, mine cured all sorts of ills and was my first experience of banana oil, yummy!

Has anyone an opinion on the Miray?

Thanks again,
Kx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.