Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I am terrified of spiders-even the smallest! :yikes
But seriously you will be very lucky to see any spiders or scorpions unless you know how/where to find them.

Snakes are the biggest problem in India and the most deadly ones are Kraits.
Sea snakes are venomous but they cant bite humans because their fangs are too far back in their mouths.

When in Goa i have a routine of checking inside my shoe's and stuff for beasties and when i am packing to come home i check all my clothes inside and out as i pack into my case- so that nothing is hitching a ride home with me :D
  • Edited by billy b 2009-01-22 12:31:54
Good to know about the sea snakes.

I've never seen a snake in Goa and this will be my 4th time. I'd like to see one from a distance though.
i have a photo of one the fishermen killed from 06 and have seen them in the water when out fishing, in the water when alive they are black with yellow bands

If you go a ask the fishermen when they are emptying their nets on the beach -they will probably have one that was caught in their nets
Re- Sea Snake - Here's one I saw -
Think it was dead x lassi
Thats a sea Krait- it is 10 times more venomous than a king cobra.
as i said before their fangs are short and are at the back of their mouth and its harder to bite- but they should be treated with respect just the same!
Last year I saw a sea snake in the baga river, the poor thing was trying to escape back out to sea. One of the Indians decided it would be funny to catch it and chase the tourists that had gathered to look at it, of course all the girls were screaming and that made them throw it about even more, it was very sad to see as they were throwing it high up into the air, the poor thing didn't stand a chance :(

Donna
XX
I've decided I dont like this topic :think Its gonna make me all paranoid!! :tongue
Oh no Mardon, that's the only one I've ever seen and that's only because it was caught up in the fisherman's nets when they came back, don't be getting all paranoid. :)

Donna
XX
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.