Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Dave, We have been to both the Concorde and the Atlantis.-- Although on these 2 occasions we didn't have our grandchildren with us.(our usual barometer of how good the kids facilities are!)
Whilst I have said that the Concorde does not have too many kids facilities, I was meaning more for older children. There is a small kiddies pool with a couple of small slides into it and a very good secure children's club. Just enough for a 3 year old! The Concorde is much higher class than the Atlantis and I would recommend the Concorde over the Atlantis, although both were very good. The beach is better at the Concorde too. Also there is absolutley nothing outside the Atlantis hotel (other than other hotels), at least at the Concorde there are some shops!!
Another excellent hotel for children is the Titanic on Lara beach, Excellent! and the Royal Wings also has excellent reviews for kiddies.
Early Oct is an excellent month to go, it will still be very warm, you will get excellent tans. (Almost the same weather as early May) We went to the Atlantis in the middle of Nov and got good tans although it was cool at night. Hope this helps and if there is anything specific re these 2 hotels you want to know ask away.
Denny
Thanks for the super dooper speedy reply :tup

Ok, so the concorde sounds like the place to be.

In reagrds to the a la carte is there unlimited visits to each? Or is it 1 per week?
Did they also do room service? quite handy ordering a pizza at midinght :-)

Dave
Yes, they had free room service, from 11pm til 6am if I remember correctly. I can't remember re the al a cartes (there are 3 of them) could be once each per week, but don't worry the food in the buffet restaurant is excellent, lots of choice and really well cooked and displayed. They had a theme night section most nights, so it seemed like an al a carte anyway!!
The ten pin bowling is free and i'm sure your little ones will enjoy that, beach party on a Friday night (I think) with an really excellent firework display. It's a first class hotel and i'm sure you and your family will love it. Have you read my review for it on the hotel review page?
Denny
Damn,

went to first choice to see if I could blag free insurance and found that there is
no child places anymore making the cost jump from 1544 to 2200ish
checked it yesterday and it was there,

:que

Seems to have been some other changes to the website so hopefully its just a mistake.
Hi Read1976,
Hope you have had some luck in booking.
We are off to Concorde on 02/10/09 for 1 week - cant wait.
Best Wishes
Paula/Tony
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.